I am 50 years old women, and my husband is 55. Few months ago we have noticed some strange growth on his arm. Firstly, we didn’t take attention, but since it was still growing, he visited the doctor. He said it is some kind of mola, I can’t remember what else did he say. He recommended him cryoablation, so I want to know more about that growth and if that treatment really is recommended.

The term mole also occasionally has been used as a synonym of nevus. Definition of a nevus can be expanded to include any congenital lesion that is circumscribed to well define. A mole is defined as a shapeless mass, and most nevi appear when individuals are aged 2-60 years and have a predictable evolution. Mole rarely undergoes activation or malignant degeneration and tends to be more common on the head, neck, and trunk. However, a great deal of mole variability exists with regard to size, shape, and even amount of hair present. All off presented moles are classically and clinically are categorized in 3 different ways: junctional, compound, and intradermal subtypes. These mole lesions also are notable for their variable degrees of pigmentation. When the lesion is observed histologically, the lower one half of the lesion tends to be slightly less cellular. It happens with bundles of spindle cells, which are related to their presumed Schwann cell derivatives. Cryoablation is recommended as one of the way to remove mole, which his doctor will decide if it is necessary.