hi. i am seeking info about a cyst on my eyeball. the eye doctor called it a conjunctival cyst, but it not like any photos i have seen so far. it is actually on the white of the eyeball, not in the eyelid. the doctor described it as a balloon of cells attatched to the eyeball, with fluid in it. while it does not hurt, per se, it is annoying, like constantly having a grain of sand in your eye. anyway, the doctor basically patted me on the head and shoved me out the door, saying to come back in a month to check on it again. he said my options were: 1. do nothing but eyedrops and live with it. 2. lance the cyst sac, let it drain, and hope it dries up and falls off. 3. numb my eyeball, surgically cut off the cyst sac, and hope it does not grow back. so, has antone had such a cyst? how did you deal with it? what was the outcome? any feedback would be appreciated. thank you

I felt something annoying in my on Monday. It felt like a piece of hair or some small particle. After a day or two of rubbing my eye and no relief, I finally stood in front of the mirror (on Wednesday) and examined my eye to find a transparent jelly like glob on my eyeball. I tried to move and pull it out and was startled when it, didn't move, but instead caused some discomfort. I went to the Optomologist on Thursday and was informed that it was "just a cyst" that forms like any other cyst on the body (what an insensitive vague response). My options were to leave it or have it drained. I had it drained (poked a small needle in the cyst to drain it, after numbing my eye) and by the evening I noticed a red blood-clot looking spot on my eyeball, which he said was normal. My eye was sore and now it's day two and the spot hasn't gone away, neither has the discomfort. Waiting to see how long (if at all) it takes for this spot to go away. Now everyone notices the spot in my eye

I have experienced the same jelly like cyst on the white of my eyeball. My doctor didn't give me very much information either, but did give me a script for steroid eyedrops. I've been on them for 2 days, but have no positive results as of yet.

They usually resolve on their own. You can also start taking an anti-inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen.

I have had a cyst on my eye since I was about 12. I am 23 now. I went to a doctor in Tennessee when I was about 16 that told me there wasn't anything he could do for me- gave me the options of removal, but also informed me that it could always grow back. I went to another doctor when I was around 20. He told me that it was a cyst and he put numbing drops in and drained it with a needle also. I still have the spot and I think it might actually be getting bigger. Oddly enough I have better vision in that eye. I wish I could go to a doctor again to have another doctor look at it, but I can't afford it. People make comments on it from time to time- It seems to look more red when I'm tired- most of the time it's kinda yellowish in color.

I'm just happy there are other people with these things. Doc gave me same generic response too. Guess he never knew the feeling of wanting to pull out an imaginary eyelash in his eye. Please, if anyone has had this disappear or removed, I'd love to hear more. Willing to try whatever I can.

I had one of these a few months ago and went to see an eye Consultant. He told me he could drain it there and then or leave it and see whether it went away on its own. Nervously I opted for him to drain it. I needn't have worried, the whole thing took less than 2 minutes and was completely painless. First he put some drops into the eye, told me to put my face up to a gadget that stopped my head from moving and pierced the cyst with a needle. He then told me to gently rub my eye to get the liquid out of the cyst. There was nothing to it, I'd do it again anytime.
Anyway after a few weeks it came back again. I was out of the country at the time and not due back for a couple of months so I decided to wait until I got back and then go back to Doc and have it done again.
However after about 3 weeks it started to get smaller on its own and by the time I got back home it appears to have disappeared altogether.
I am going back to the Doc anyway on this coming Saturday to check with him and ask some questions I forgot to ask before, but I am hoping it won't come back again.

I went to an Opthomalogist after a clear jelly like substance appeared on my eyeball. I could actually feel something in my eye several days before the substance actually appeared. The Dr. looked at it and told me that it was a cyst and was very common! I had never even heard of such a thing on your eyeball! Anyway, he deadened my eyeball and removed the cyst. He said it might return by the weekend. It did return, but took a week to do so. It came back larger than before and I can't wait to have it removed! I have an appointment this Friday.

I went to my eye doctor today because I saw a gel-like pimple in my eye. As I wear contact lenses, I was afraid to put them in and have been wearing my glasses. He told me not to be upset over this, that the body should reabsorb it in a few weeks. He also told me that I can wear my contact lenses and mascara. He further gave me the business card of an opthomalogist and said if it does not go away in two weeks to make an appointment to see him. I called my doctor when I returned home and asked if a compress would help and he said to put a cold one on the eye but everything I read indicates a warm compress. Thanks for all your postings on this topic. You all have helped me get thru the night. :-D

I have had just such a cyst dealt with today, totally harmless small anesthetic into my eye and the doctor pushed a needle in draining the cyst, little blood and now the cyst has gone, all sorted

Ok so I have a question for anyone that can answer it, I too have a jelly like cyst on my eyeball, well there are actually two of them, both in the white prt of my eyeball, I also have all of the symptons of bacterial conjunctivitis, but the weird part of it all, is that the cysts have a brownish center, not a perfect cirls but it looks almost like a drop of brown pant was put in each one and it has spread out a little. This is the other weird part, they move when I push my bottom lid upward, like as if these cysts were sitting on a layer of clear film over my eyeball. If this helps I would also like to inform you all that I have Lyme's Disease, and have recently been diagnosed with Lupus, and both diseases react very well with anti-inflammatories and steroids. I went to the doctor and she gave me Vigamox, or an antibiotic for the eye, but I dn't see a difference, does anyone know anything about a cysts looking the way mine does?

yes i had like fluid filled lumps on my one eye ,the doctor refer me to the hospital and they release the fluid using a needle,it has been a week since this was done and i can still see one they missed and it has left a like pink jelly lumpy area on my eye

I found there is a little grain, a cyst, on my white part of eyeball. I haven't receive any effective answer, suggestion, and treatment yet. I didn't many research and study by myself, and I find out that it may caused by HPV virus.

I am glad to hear others with this issue. My doctor also told me it was normal and that I could get it lanced, but it probably come back. He told me cold compress and eyedrops, but I have not seen any improvement in 3 days. Doctor said there is not real cause, but allergies could play a part. He also told me it was no problem to keep wearing contacts. All in all it doesn't sounds dangerous, but it is supremely annoying and the tension in my eye is giving me headaches.

Google these two names

pterygium and pinguecula