I am uncircumcised and i do retract my penis foreskin everyday during showers and clean the head of penis. Usually when i clean, i don't have erection and i can easily pull back foreskin behind glans. But when there is erection, it becomes hard to pull the foreskin behind glans and it hurts a little too. Some days due to my busy life, i skip out foreskin retraction during showers. If i don't do this retraction process for continuous 3 days, the foreskin hole becomes very small and even without erection its hard to retract the foreskin behind glans. I figured out that my foreskin hole closes quite fast. After conducting a fair amount of research on the internet, i came across autocircumcision or permanent foreskin retraction. I am planning to keep my foreskin retracted behind the glans 24/7 everyday and night. By this method the foreskin will always stay behind glans and there will not be any scope for the foreskin hole to get smaller. Currently my foreskin can stay behind the glans during erection and also when there is no erection and it can stay there locked without affecting blood flow to my penis. 
But i am unsure of this method, its consequences and problems that i may have to face currently or in the future. Is it ok if i keep my foreskin retracted all the time? I know penis head will lose a little sensitivity and will dry up (as that of circumcised men). But i don't want my foreskin hole getting smaller always. Also i do not want to get circumcised. Kindly reply your views and also if you have been doing permanent foreskin retraction, share your experiences.

You should get professional advice before doing that

I've been permanently retracted for over 30 years. I've had two wives, both of whom have just assumed I was circumcised. My doctor has also described me as 'circumcised' when I've had the annual physical exam, and the ring that would normally be the end of the foreskin sort of looks like a circumcision scar, in about the same place. As for foreplay, l've asked my wives, (and numerous girlfriends before and between marriages) to be masturbated on my full length, to include the extended foreskin on my shaft, head and rim, not just the head. Foreskin has a lot of sensitivity not available when a guy gets a circumcision. Before I permanently retracted, the sensitivity issue was a major problem, and was one of the main reasons I chose permanent retraction. You do lose the extreme sensitivity, but you do NOT lose sexual sensitivity. Bottom line, you will simply have a much wider response range, and much more control. But I remember back to those sensations, and the intensity of touch on a previously covered head can be pretty intense, but it is also only for a few days.

When you first begin retracting, it will probably roll back often, and you will have to be persistent. Some who have done this seem to like using devices of one sort or another to keep it back. I didn't use any extra effort other than perseverance. Gradually, it stayed back, all on its own as my skin stretched to a new position, and now for many years has automatically rolled back to the 'circumcised' position when pulled forward as far as it will go. In my case, the skin has shrunk up some, so it will only go about half way now anyway, and immediately rolls back. The frenulum which connects the foreskin to the glans stretches quite a bit (about twice as long as it was originally), and eventually doesn't pull the skin forward.

My advice is, don't bother with the 'professional advice', because the only answer you're likely going to get is to get a circumcision. If you want one, then go to the doctor and have it done. However, if you simply want to retract your foreskin, then it's yours to retract. Do be aware of any extreme tightness such that it cuts off blood flow, as that can be serious, but this is really pretty rare. Take your time, and let your foreskin stretch. It will probably take some time before you can say you're permanently retracted. As for my thoughts on the subject, I am neither for nor against circumcision, and am neither an advocate for nor against permanent retraction. But what I can say is that I am extremely happy, and satisfied having made the decision I have made. Best of luck to all.

Hi coachdb18,

I'm in the same boat as you. I've kept my foreskin permanently retracted for almost 25 years already.
Yes, it was very sensitive initially so sensitive that the glans got bruised easily when I masturbated. It even bled once. The sensitivity gradually disappeared after I kept it retracted for longer and longer periods.

After keeping it permanently retracted, hygiene doesn't seem to be the issue for me anymore as
smegma production is almost nil. I've even forgotten how it smells like now.

how long was it before it started to stay back automatically

any tips for keeping the foreskin back?

In my case, it took about a year before it stayed permanently retracted without any rollovers.

Apart from perseverance, you could try taping the foreskin to keep it retracted permanently.

I am 48 and currently trying to keep my foreskin retracte permanently, I started two weeks ago and after a few days I got accustomed to it and now I don't feel any pain or unpleasurable sensations. On the other hand, my retracted foreskin is a little swollen, and in one occasion it got so swollen that I had to roll it back in the "original position" for some hours in order to reduce the swelling, which it did. What can you suggest about that? Is a little swelling normal during the adaptation process? How long it takes for the swelling to stop? What can be done to avoid it?

In my case there was no swelling of the foreskin at all but it was a little bit sensitive initially.
It is possible that your foreskin might be a little tight.

Thank you for your reply. The swelling disappeared after I brought back the foreskin for some hours to its original position, that is not a problem anymore. I am back to my plan of keeping it retracted, but as you mention in your post my foreskin is now a little tight, it feels like a small ring around my glans. I presume in pathological cases it's what they call paraphymosis, in my case it doesn't prevent normal urinating, blood circulation or erection. Only when I'm half erected there is a narrowing roughly at half lenght of my penis. Should I be worried of that or is it normal? It ill stay like that or will it recede with time?

It could be a mild case of paraphimosis. Perhaps you should discuss it with a urologist.
If you have difficulties in keeping the foreskin permanently retracted, perhaps you could opt for a partial circumcision. I REPEAT ONLY a PARTIAL CIRCUMCISION, ie: only a little bit of skin is removed and not too much. Then you could try again to keep it retracted permanently.

As for keeping the foreskin permanently retracted or leaving it covered, the decision is entirely yours.

Im 43 and I started to leave my foreskin back all the time last week.  Im using 2 rubber bands, which are slightly wider than normal bands (about 5mm in diameter).  Im finding already that the glans have mushroomed out more. The initial irritation of the glans against my clothing is dying off and is bearable now!

There isnt any real swelling at all, which is good.  but like someone commented on here, i have developed a slight ring of bunched skin around the base of the head and theres a slight narrowing of the shaft just below this ring.

My foreskin retracts easy enough though, so im guessing theres no need for alarm?

i guess i just need to be persistent.  i understand permanent retraction can take months - is that right?

Does the glans harden up fully quite quickly?

Is there anything else that i need to be aware of?

This is all new to me, so id be grateful for any help anyone can give.

Wow you are only trying permanent retraction at the age of 43?

I started when I was just 15. I guess it was peer pressure which compelled me to do so.

Having gone to a predominantly Muslim majority school and having mixed among the cut majority, you always try all means to be in the group so as not to be left out.

I was thinking to myself if those cut guys could live with their glans bare all the time, then I could do it as well.

And I was proven right after much perseverance and trying. The glans stayed permanently retracted without rolling back on its own.

I am considered more fortunate than my Muslim counterparts in that I did not go through the process of mutilation and I am not compelled by blind faith.

I achieved what they sought to achieve without spilling a single drop of blood.

ACDC wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah starting a little late, but better late than never I guess!

How long should it take to achieve permanent retraction?

Within a year or so. In the case of the glans sensitivity it would take a couple of months for it to go off.

It takes time to adjust. An analogy would be like entering a dark room Initially, you'll find the room pitch dark and you can't see a thing. Gradually, your eyes will adjust to the current situation and you'll find its not that dark anymore.

I envy men who have a foreskin to wear forward or retracted at will. I would never choose circumcision if it had been left up to me. As for reducing sensitivity, be careful what you wish for, insensitivity is no use to any man.