It's been a month or longer, that I've had this crack in my buttcrack. I've had it before, but it always went away. My boyfriend tells me, I don't know how to wipe my butt. I've tried zinc oixide, neosporen, gold bond, baby powder and A & D oinment. Nothing seems to help. I even try not to use soap or anything to clean my butt. Just water. I also blow dry it on a cool setting. It's very discomforting. Could this be a fungus or does yeast infections do this, even though I don't feel those symptoms. I don't have herpes, but I have hpv. I don't think it's any of those cases with sinus something of the butt, because I've seen those pictures. Any ideas? Thanks

it might be genetic

hey, I actually have it too. it keeps coming back. I have no idea what it is

I also get it...i have been told it is my weight, but it comes and goes.

Hi i always get a sore crack but after i've had few pooh's what happens is it becomes itchy and i ignore it then it becomes really stingy and sore then i get toilet paper on then blood has been known to come onto the paper and then i can't sit down or move about propperly. I went to the doctors and he said its fungus and bacteral infection give me Trimovate cream it works wonders. But after so long it doesn't so i'm looking for something else someone recommeneded me Vaseline?

I have that that too. It's like a slit on your butt crack. Mine comes and goes too but I only started noticing it once I started gaining weight and the more I weigh the worse they get.

This is absolutely a yeast infection. Start using antibacterial soaps twice a day in the shower. Thoroughly wipe after the bathroom. Even use Caldesene powder to keep things dry. Use lotrimin to kill the current yeast twice a day after washing. If you notice it keeping coming back visit your doctor. You make need to use difflucan once a week for several weeks to kill all the yeast that's accumulated.

I had this problem and it was quite difficult to clear up but I did eventually find a solution.

The treatment I used was 2-part:

1) A combined anti-bacterial/anti-fungal powder, dusted over the wound.

2) Medicinal clay (also called bentonite clay - available from health food shops), mixed into a paste and layered on top.

The clay was allowed to dry on and left in place, applied morning and evening.

I tried a lot of different things and it was finally only these two together that did the job. With this treatment, the awful fissure cleared up in a week or two and has not reoccurred (1 year ago).

Itchy skin abrasions are not genetic. A dark, moist, sweaty area is prime perfect for yeast to grow and fungi also. OTC ointments along with keeping area(s) clean and dry should do the trick. If no relief from symptoms in 3 to 5 days stop OTC treatment and seek "professional" medical treatment and or advice. {P.s., otc yeast/fungal ointments will do you good tho}

This is so annoying i have it to. I am also an hpv carrier. Its painful. Its like having a chapped butt. Mine even bleeds and my butt hole is sore and it hurts so bad. I am a male.

You should never use an anti"bacterial" soap for a yeast infection. Antibacterials kill bacteria. Yeast infections are caused by Candida which is a fungus, not a bacteria. Using an antibacterial can actually worsen your problems because it will kill your natural flora in the area making less competition for the yeast and thereby causing them to grow more readily.

stop blow drying your ass. even on cool that will dry it out.

I have this too. Tried to take a picture of it. Haha. It's about an inch long and is on top of my butt crack. Goes away for a little bit and then it comes back. My doctor told me it's from leaving a little bit of water moisture there when you get out of the shower but even when I make sure I Extra dry the area still appears. It's very red and painful

It may well be a fungal infection. Over the counter should work. Lotrimin is a good one. If there is a bump, it may be a cyst, Pilodinal, that should be seen by a Dr. If it is that, go to pilodinal.org.

There is an amazing Dr named Dr Matt Rosengart who is very knows alot about that area ;-). Also a kind and caring Dr...Good luck!

Sounds like a pilonidal cyst.  Try taking warm baths in Epson Salt and keeping it clean.  It is mostly predominant in males, but females get it as well.  It is actaully caused by what started as an ingrown hair at the base of your spine and may have been there since birth.  The hairs continue to grow inside which causes a cyst and abcess that periodically drains and may bleed.  There may be months that go by where there is no pain or uncomfort and than it will flair up again.  This is because it gets irritated and started to fill with fluid.  Inside is a large ball of hair/hairs and the need to be removed surgically.  It's an easy procedure done under local anesthisia and it's done in the office and you go home right away