Hi all
My wife is 4 weeks pragnant now. For 2 nights she was experiencing abdominal cramps at round abount 01:50 am - 02:00 am. We have read that it is normal for cramps to occur, but we are concern of the pattern of occurance; why at that time of the night?

Kabs

Hi, I am 7 weeks pregnant and have the exact same problem! Really freaks me out. Last nite the pain was so bad that I broke out in sweat; however, it only lasted a for few minutes and then went away completely. Not sure why it occurs around that time.

I don't have any answers for you, but I share your pain. I am 5 weeks pregnant today and for the past 4 nights have experienced the exact same abdominal pain during pregnancy at the exact same time. Makes me nervous but I have been told that it is normal as long as there is no bleeding. I will be bringing it to my OB-GYN's attention. Let me know how it goes!

I've been having cramps day and night for 8 days now with no bleeding. I am 5 weeks. They are worse at night and seem to occur in 3 hour increments. I've had an tummy ultrasound and transvaginal. They don't see anything thing wrong. Its driving me crazy because I can't get a good nights sleep. Please let me know if you find out what is causing your cramps.

Cramping is normal in early pregnancy, and for some all during pregnancy. Try a warm bath, stretching, and some tylenol to ease the symptoms.

Cramping is very normal during early pregnancy. It is your uterus growing and expanding for your new bundle of joy. The cramps are similar to menstrual cramps, which can cause a lot of women to worry. As long as your not bleeding, its just your body making room for baby :-)

I have the exact same thing and, trust me, it is ten times worse than menstrual cramps. My doctor has checked me out and says all is fine, but this is killing me. I cannot sleep at night and it makes my days horrible because of all the sleep deprivation. Tylenol, heating pads ... all that stuff really just does not help much. I am 5 weeks pregnant.

I have been having the same cramping patterns. For the last 3 nights I've been waking up every hour from 1:30 am to 6:30 with menstrual-like cramps that are much worse than my normal menstrual cramps. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and the doctor checked me out yesterday and said that it all looks normal, and he's not sure why I'm getting painful cramps at night. Last night I tried lying on my side while slightly propped up and I think it helped a bit.

Hi. I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I have been having the same kind of cramps. I will wake up 1-6 times a night with SEVERE cramping. I brought it to my doctor's attention and he said it is normal as long as there is no bleeding. I also was diagnosed with IBS a few months ago. I know it is supposed to disappear when you get pregnant, but I think I may still have effects of it and these may be gas pains.

I am suffering from extreme (100 times more severe than menstrual cramps) through the middle of the night as well. I too am 5 weeks pregnant. The cramping is so bad that I break into cold sweats, and it seems to last at least 30 minutes. It has occured twice now at the same severity level. The first time it happened was Sunday night, and it happened again last night (Tuesday night). I am noticing some lower back pain at the same time, and I feel like my bowels are somehow involved, although these are not bowel cramps they feel like menstrual cramps.

I am going to see the doctor today, and I will post his suggestions...hopefully he has some for me that will work.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can deal with this when it occurs, it is excruciating, any relief you can offer would be helpful.

I have the exact same thing...I am just over 5 weeks pregnant. I would really like to keep in touch with you about this if you are up for it. No one seems to understand just how painful this is, and I'd love for someone who does understand to share her experiences i.e. how frequently it happens, is there a pattern, any other things you might notice.

let me know if you are willing...you are the only person who has a recent post on this subject. If I see that you post again, I will give you my e-mail address.

Thanks in advance,
Megan

I have been having severe cramping below and mine starts around 1am in the morning and can last until 5am, it really hurts, initially I thought maybe its to do with my bowels, but this pain is so much more severe then period pains......i come out in a cold sweat and feel as if I will pass out......

it has been happening to me for over a week now and I am 5 weeks pregnant......when will this stop? I have even changed my diet, as I thought it might be because food wasn't passing through my intestines easily which is causing the pain, and started on really soft baby type food for the last two days which has not helped either.... the pain come around the same time at night and last for several hours, its very intense when it first comes and slowly eases down.....

im realy worried has anyone got any answers please?

Wow Ok! I'm glad I'm not the only woman going through this! I'm 6 weeks pregnant and the past couple of nights I've been having cramping resembling menstrual cramping(note my menstrual cramping has always been severe). And they would mainly occur during 2am, once I had an episode during the afternoon that made me double over. Like everyone else, no bleeding. I tried taking a tylenol before bed but it didn't help! I have 2 more weeks before I go for my first ultrasound. I'm praying there's nothing wrong especially with this being my first pregnancy. I'm thinking its caused by the type of work I do...work in the hospital...a lot of bending, walking and standing on my feet for long periods of time.

oh well wish me luck

LaLa

I was woken up last night by the pain in my abdomen. I'm about 7 weeks. I read that this is normal, but I really think what I have is severe gas. I'm going to try some yoga moves/stretching to see if I can get some of it out. It has me worried, but it could just be gas. That might be what you have?

Sorry to hear about your pain, I am 6 months pregnant now and sometimes I still have cramps. I was told that it was ok, my ultrasound show us that the baby was ok. It could be the way you sleep I found out that when I sleep on my left side I have less cramps. Try it might work for you.