Hi all. I’ve been diagnosed with morton’s neurome two week s ago. I’ve also had a second opinion that came back with the same diagnosis. So, it is now positive. Now, I know that I’ll have to do something about it, but don’t know what. At least not yet. So, my question would be: do you know any good treatment for this??? What do you think of cryogenic neuroablation – I’ve heard somewhere that was the latest technique that gives some good results.. Should I take it???

Cryogenic neuroablation is indeed new technique used to treat that condition. It uses extremely cold instrumentation to selectively destroy tissue and so far it has been used commonly to destroy superficial skin lesions such as warts and moles. In the case of Morton's neuroma (the one you have), Cryogenic neuroablation has just recently begun. So far it has been done only by several Michigan podiatrists and results suggest that the technique may have a future in treating Morton's neuroma. But, it is still in an “experimental” phase and I would not recommend you take it. Maybe you should wait for more results to come before taking it yourself

Is there a way to loacte a podiatrist in Tampa Bay area, or other city in Florida that performs this procedure?

visit www.cryotechllc.com to find podiatrists to perform cryosurgery

I will be starting to offer this procedure within the next month.

Dr. Marc Katz
tampa
875-0555

You can see my site for more information.

http://tampacryosurgery.com/

This is for Dr. Mark Katz. Is there any other Dr.'s in the area (I live in Bradenton) that perform the cyro surgery that take the BCBS Health Options HMO? I already checked with your office and you don't accept that insurance.
I am nervous about the general surgery after reading all these posts and have to do something as my quality of life is impacted. I have been dealing with this for 7 years and have had cortizone, alcohol and orthodics but nothing is working and the pain can be really burning and intense. I'm 42 and a runner and my distance I run and time is getting really bad and when I get back my foot feels like it is on fire and the pain is unbelievable. Unless I am sitting with no shoes on I am sore and after walking/running or even just wearing shoes and sitting my pain comes right back.
Thanks

I just contacted Dr. Katz as well. I have been thru the orthodics & cortisone and now my Podiatrist wants me to have a neurectomy. Like you I have heard nothing but awful things about it, the recovery seems to take forever and many seem to have temporary relief. I considered laser (heat) but the Dr is a nuerologist and claims to be able to sure anything (doesn't accept any insurance) & will tell you it will take 8 treatments or 12, how can he know that? Plus he didn;t want any xray, mri ..nothing! Like you I have HAD it and need to do something. The cryosurgery seems pretty good by comparison and I have the same healthcare as you so it would be out of pocket. Do you have any idea how much it is to have it done at Dr. Katz office?

I am a UK Podiatrist based in Sheffield England since 2008/09 I have treated in the region of 2000 morton's neuroma with an 85% total cure rate. Of the 15 % of patients with persisting symptoms the mean reduction in symptoms is 53% . I think cryosurgery is highly effective and safe. I have never seen one patient worse off after treatment. Cryosurgery for MN is a tricky technique to perfect but in the right hands can be a fantastic life changing treatment option.
Robin Weaver The Barn Clinic Sheffield to read more about cryosurgery for morton's neuroma visit mortonsneuroma.co.uk