I had neuromas in both feet removed almost 2 months ago...the pain I feel now when running is as bad or worse than presurgery. Do I need to give it more time? Will I have this pain forever? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

It's now been over 4 months and I cannot put full weight on the ball of either foot. Much intense burning and pain. Gait is off, ankles are extremely sore. My surgeon doesn't have a clue. I wish I had never had it done! It has ruined my life thus far.

What's the latest on your post surgical morton's neuroma???? I am 14 months after surgery and have terrible pain, that is now causing me to be so depressed.

Have you found out anything? they think I might have a ruptered plantar plate, but don't know for sure. I'm on new steroids now to reduce the inflamation, but want to know what others have done to fix this terrible crippling pain. I really feel for you-this totally sucks, huh?

I had my bi-lateral morton's neuroma surgery in March of 2005. There is not a day that goes by that I don't have pain from it, which is worse than the original pain and it is now almost 4 years later.

To make matters worse, I have seen 4 orthopedic surgeons about this and three say additional surgery could make it worse. One surgeon is willing to take it on, but after hearing from the other three that I could be worse, I am afraid to do it.

There must be some help for me somewhere.

Talk to a podiatrist about sclerosing the nerve. Neuroma surgery is not the route to go and it may have reoccurred with is not unusual. There are a couple ways of sclerosing the nerve. I've had it done in a nerve on one of my toes. Worked great - no pain.