I have a question related to mortons neuroma and cryosurgery. What exactly is cryosurgery and how is connected to mortons neuroma?
Thanks for reply!

Cryosurgery has been used normally to destroy superficial skin lesions as warts and moles. Cryogenic neuroablation is one of newest techniques used in management of morton’s neuroma. Cryo surgery is surgery that uses extremely cold instrumentation to selectively destroy tissue. Few studies has shown that there is a future for cryo surgery in morton’s neuroma. The technique is referred as Joule-Thompson effect, which occurs when a gas is passed through an area where it may expand. As the gas expands, it cools to approximately -70 degrees centigrade. In the case of neuroablation, the expansion of the gas is controlled in a 5.5 mm probe that freezes and subsequently destroys the nerve tissue. This is approximately how it works.

I have had surgery in both feet, 05, neuroma's.  Many cortizone shots since then.  May, 2012, left foot again w/right foot waiting for surgery.  Now, per MRI, I have new neuroma's that quickly in my left foot again.  This would be the THIRD surgery.  I have been an athelete my whole life, I just turned 64 and in good shape.  The pain has been terrible w/shooting electric sensations shooting out of both feet through my toes.  Had cortizone in Nov, 2012, and the pads are still painful.  Been to numerous foot specialist and podiastrist...all have said my feet are a mess.  I also have tarsal tunnel issues on left foot.  Scare of more sugery, the last cortizone hurt so bad due to inflammation thought I would pass out.  Now they want to do surgery on both feet and the tarsal tunnel. 

Has anyone out there been through more than 2 surgeries for neuroma's?

thanks,

Lana