I have Morton’s Neuroma in my both feet. I’ve got lots of cortisone injections so far, but I am in pain again. I need permanent solution for this. I’ve been reading about cryosurgery. How can I find a doctor for this? My podiatrist doesn’t know anything about it.

I have had a Morton's Neuroma for about 5 years. I also tried with cortisone injections, pads, wide shoes… but it was without success. My podiatrist recommends cryosurgery over surgery. But I also don’t know anyone who experienced cryosurgery. I would like to hear first some impressions.

Cryosurgery is a great minimally invasive technique that can be used to treat some types of pain associated with the foot. For more information, and to find a podiatrist that can perform the procedure, www.cryotechllc.com.

I had cryosurgery done 1.5 weeks ago and am very happy with the outcome! I was only off my foot for about 1 day and was able to get around pretty well after that with only a slight limp which lasted only about 3 days. Knock on wood - the neuroma pain has not returned!! I still have sensations in my toes occassionally due to the cryo, but those occurrances are fewer and further between - I'm very happy with the progress. I wish I had discovered this procedure a year ago.

Hello 2 all who had cryosurgery for Mortons Neuroma,

I am getting ready for one myself. Please tell me how you feel now and has it helped. My Neuroma is 9 to 10 mm wide, will the cryosurgery be good for me?

Akor

I realize the last post in this string was quite some time ago. . . I was wondering if anyone has any more feedback re: cryosurgery for Morton's Neuroma? Thanks in advance.

I have neuromas in both feet. I tried cortisone and alcohol injections without any relief.

I had cryosurgery 3 months ago in both feet (1 week apart). My doctor did a sonogram and said that they both were smaller after the cryo.

Right foot: After surgery it was sore for a few days. I limped a bit but it got better as time went on. I had been wearing sneakers and wide with “earth shoes” all winter so I continued to wear them. About 8 weeks after the surgery I needed to wear real shoes to a dinner. I never wore heels much in the past, and I bought wide width sandals with a 1 ½ inch square heel. Standing during the cocktail hour my foot began to hurt and I needed to slide my foot out of the shoe for relief.

Left Foot: After surgery this foot caused some pain for about 4 weeks. At first I limped around and then the soreness went away. At night I would get pain that would wake me. I had a pain that started at the bottom of my foot and radiated to my toes. Eventually this stopped, but the neuroma in the foot still bothered me.

Left Foot: I had another cryo last week. My foot was a lot more sore after the surgery but it was probably mostly due to bruising. I stayed home for most of the next 2 days because of the limping. No night pains this time. The bottom of my foot is still sore and I wear a sandal with a padded bottom (Adidas). I am hopeful that this time it really worked.

I am going to have my right foot done again. I would like to get rid of my neuromas once and for all. I am tires of thinking about my feet every day; I liked it better when they just worked.

I am considering cryosurgery on both of my feet as they have bothered me since 2001 but all the different docs i went to could not come up with the same diagnosis. finally i found a podiatrist who did ultrasounds on both feet and found the neuromas. so far injections are working but i would like to get rid of my foot pain once and for all as it controlled my life tooo long. anyone who has further info/experiences i would greatly appreciate it.
Mitch

I was wondering how your doing after your 2nd cryosurgery? Where did you have it done? I'm considering it for my neuroma. Any feedback would help. Thanks

I had two cryosurgeries one in march of 09 and the second on 12/5. The experiences were totally different. The first time I had a lot of discomfort after the procedure and never felt significant relief. The second time I have virtually no pain and my feet feel "scary good" I havent felt this good in a long time. Only time will tell, but the experience and technique of the cryosurgeon definetly plays into the experience. I had to travel a long way to get both surgeries but prefer the expense over the possibilities of stump neuromas. A failed neuroma procedure will ruin your life

Hi, I have a few questions. I hope your still reading this post.

Did you have the cryosurgery done two times on the same fooT?

Where did you have it done?

Was it guided by ultrasound?

Thank you for responding.

Hi, I hope your still reading this post. If you would answer me some questions I would appreciate it. I'm 6 wks. post op cryo. & still have pain.

Did you have cryosurgery 2X on the same foot?

Where did you have it done?

Was it guided by ultrasound?

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Where did you have your cryosurgeries done?

I would love to know who the Doctor was that did your successful cryosurgeries and why you selected that doctor.[/url]

I know a dr in new York city.