Four months ago, I felt strong pain in my ball of the foot.
First I thought it was some rheumatic pain because I’m 55 years old and I had similar pain in my ankles before.
But, this time pain was much sharper and it didn’t stop for hours.
I seek for medical help five days later and my general practitioner said that this is some rheumatic pain and that I shouldn’t worry.
But my pain grew stronger and stronger day by day.
Finally, I went to specialist orthopedian who, after one examination, discover some disease called Morton’s neuroma. Doctor didn’t want to say anything about my condition.
Term “neuroma” sounds to me like it was some cancer. Is this true?
Is it malignant or benign?

I understand your fear connected with “C-word” (cancer) but this time this is only spelling similarity. Morton’s neuroma, in spike of term, is not neuroma, benign tumor of nerve tissue.
In this case, a neuroma is a noncancerous (benign) growth of nerve tissue that can develop in various parts of your body.
Morton's neuroma most frequently develops between the third and fourth toes, usually in response to irritation, trauma or excessive pressure.
This neuroma can be treated with different techniques.
One is changes in footwear. You must not wear tight shoes. This enables the bones to spread out and may reduce pressure on the nerve, giving it time to heal.
Second method is more invasive. There are some injections with corticosteroid medicament in it, which can relieve your symptoms.
Choose whatever you like and walk again normally.

No, a neuroma is a kind of tumor of nerve tissue(benign as far as I know) and it usually is found at the crossroads of the base of the middle of the two toes beside the small toe. Evidently there is only a small space there for nerves to pass thru(like carpal tunnel syndrome) and in this area on account of genetics, weight, and or too tight of shoes this area is quite constricted and when the nerves get too tight for the area there is an electric like shock and pain. If you palpate the area on the sole of the foot between these two toes you can sometimes feel the tumor. The podiatrists usually give prednisone initially by injection to take down inflammation and then if that doesn't work they inject something to try and kill off the nerve(which in my case neither worked). The other choices are orthotics and ultimately surgery. Hope that helps!

I have Morton Neuroma I can very walk had it since Dec. I work 12 hr. and have to make myself go to work. I feel like crying by the time I get home. All my Dr. give me was Lyrica that have done nothing yet.