I've just had surgery for Morton's neuroma, neurectomy. My deep transverse metatarsal ligament was cut between the toes on my left foot. I've had the condition now for over two years. I'm two weeks out from the surgery and wondering when I should feel some relief. Right now it seems I'm feeling worse pain than before the surgery. If that is possible when I walk on it and am having pain without walking by the end of each day. Any ideas on how long I should expect the healing to continue before the pain will end? I would really appreciate any advice you may have. My podiatrist has done quite a few of these procedures up to now with excellent results… at least I’ve been told.

Was it a neurectomy (removal of the Morton's nerve) or just a ligament release? I think I had the same surgery and mine was a disaster. I couldn't weight bear without excruciating pain, so it led to other problems due to my altered gait. I was told the success rate was 90% and I've been to 3 orthopedic surgeons since and 3 podiatrists. None of them were surprised with my poor results except me. My orthopedic surgeon thinks the nerve may have been nicked, my pod said that he would never does "blind" surgery near a nerve. I had surgery 9 months ago and I still have the neuroma pain. Sorry, but I don't have better news for you.

Was this the edoscopic decompresion of the intermetatarsal nerve?