has anyone had surgery for mortons neuroma in 2011 and how are they now

Ive had both feet done & Im just in as much pain when Ive walked about 10 mins as before. im a keen golfer & its ruining my game . I had surgery last march & dont know where to go from here. seeing my Dr next week, I feel like Im walking on two balls as well as some numbness in both feet, nothing Ive read so far seems to work !!   anyone got a good suggestion

I can only suggest what I'm starting to do now, as my Morton's Neuroma resurfaced after 3 1/2 yrs: I'm told that calcium AEP helps the sheathing of the nerves so I'm just starting to take about 8/day (I weight 125 lb), plus I take just as many mg. of magnesium glycinate (for best absorption and doesn't cause diarrhea). I take a thin piece of duct tape and wrap it around my two toes to keep them together tehe it's just my idea - maybe it helps to stabilize it and correct it I can only hope. If I soak my feet in epsom salt water not hot - it helps me sleep, or ice it. Three yrs ago I went to two drs, and one said surgery and the next one did an MRI and said surgery wouldn't do any good - go figure. I'm still researching so I may need more ideas too. I also know that anti-inflammatories can help such as quercetin and Hops extract.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm 9 days in post surgery. So far so good! I don't feel the pain from the neuroma! The pain was getting so unbearable I couldn't even wear flip-flops without pain. It got to a point where nothing was working I tried it all acupuncture, cortisone injections, physical therapy, laser. My doctor said the Naroma was a substantial size and I made the right choice. I know the recovery will take a while and it is hard being laid up as a mother but I think it will be worth it in the end when I can get back to hiking with my family and wearing tennis shoes and not being in chronic pain. I found a reputable MD and did not do it through a podiatrist. Great decision. I wish you the very best!

The homeopathic cream called Topricin should help albeit temporarily. A little goes along way. If I were you, I might see a physical therapist. One suggestion: on your back have your legs up close to a 90 degree angle, wiggle your toes for two min. 2 or more times/day - as soon as you get up and just before bed is when I was told to do it. It has helped me 90% with nerve tension in my feet. After a minute or less of doing it you can wiggle your toes a bit by holding them - it helps to relax them the nerves. I hope this helps. I know everyone is different. Before I knew to do this, my cruise in Alaska was ruined. It was only upon my return that I went to a physical therapist and this is THE only exercise he gave me - what a lifesaver.