I had just found out that my sister is using meth. I cant believe that she didnt tell me that before. She has admitted that she is using it for few days. She says that she got it from some friend. I am not some moralist but I dont want her to get involved with those kinds of things. So I want to know when do you start being addicted to meth?

Dont worry she is not addicted yet. Although tolerance on meth is coming up rather fast couple of days are not enough. Ask her in which periods of time she is using it. If she takes it on less then four hours then you have a problem. But you cant stop her if she wants to use it anyway.

I do not agree with rickard. I think that meth is highly addictive and the first time someone uses it, especially if they smoke it, could be the beginning of thier end. Also if she is using it to escape her problems she will most likely become addicted and you will watch her throw her whole life away for this evil drug. Beg her to stop. Meth is the worst drug that there is, at least in my opinion. I have watched it ruin many of my former friends' lives. I have watched mothers give up on and loss their children over meth. I have seen people sell everything they worked for all their lives just to stay high on meth. It is a crisis in the US and I only pray that something is done to stop it soon.

Addiction is partially chemical but honestly, its addictive because its fun and feels good. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lieing to you. The problem with most people do it because its fun. If you aren't suffering affects right now, why would you stop having fun?

That is how people get addicted. First its something fun, and you can control it. Then you realize other things suck because this is much better, then your addicted.

Imagine someone giving you unlimited money, you buy this and buy that, and only when someone takes all that money away do you realize oh sh*t, things suck without all that money, I gotta get me more of that sh*t.

Same thing with anything you become addicted to. Some of it is chemical which means you get physical effects, which only makes the psychological part harder.

The bottom line is, it doesn't matter when someone gets addicted, because it will be too late if you don't guess right. Is that worth it?

The first time you get high you can become addicted. This is the norm.

Actually ur wrong. U wont get addicted the 1st time u try it. U might like the feeling, but no, no addiction. People always said u get addicted the 1st time u try it, but no. Users may like the way it makes them feel. If the user has a strong mind, then they should know when to stretch out the use of meth. If it's an escape, then yes, there is a possibility that the user will become addicted, for the simple fact that that's their way of coping. Just stating an opinion.