Hi, my grandmother is 79 years old and she started to forget some usual things. I know that most of people would say that it is normal for people in these ages but just few months ago she was in perfect condition with her memory. She did never forget things and she easily count money. I would like to know if someone has idea what cause for such condition is.

Hi, I don't want to discourage you but according to facts you have mention it looks to me like multi infarct dementia. My grandfather died from the same cause although he was perfect with his memory till this disorder started. It is characterized by infarcts of small blood vessels in the brain which produce dementia and other symptoms. These people are confused, do not recognize familiar places and have sudden changes of their mood. Prognosis is unfortunately very poor and there is not much that may be done. Diagnostic method which is the best is NMR.