I am really worried! I had been having brown discharge for about 1 1/2 weeks, starting about 1 week after my period would usually start. I had counted on my period being late because my husband and I had just moved across the country and I tend to be late when I have been stressed. I thought the dark brown discharge was my period, but it lasted for 1 1/2 weeks and was very light (I would only get it occasionally when I wiped, and it wasn't enough to get into my underwear). I decided to take a pregnancy test, even though we had had issues getting pregnant in the past and had kinda given up for a while. It came out positive! I took another one and it was also positive! I have not had severe cramping, but some light cramping and discomfort on my left side (I sleep on my left side, I do not know if that would matter). I have also had terrible gas pains and constipation (sorry TMI). Is this normal? I just took the test yesterday and wanted to tell my husband tomorrow for Easter. Like I said, we had stopped trying for a baby and have just moved across the country. I was covered on insurance until we moved, but we do not have insurance here yet. I was planning on going to get the pregnancy confirmed early next week so that we could apply for medicaid. We are barely out of college and moved to our new location for a job in my husband's field, but do not have a lot of money right now. Is this normal, or is this an emergency? I do not have a doctor here that I can call about it, and emergency visits and tests before we have medicaid would be a big financial strain on us if it is not necessary  but if it is necessary we would definitely do it before we are covered by medicaid. What should I do? 

Hi girl first of all congrats!!!!! That is totally a miracle but hopefully you can tell me if you had the same thing i just had ok so last week on sun night of march 24th 2013 I went to the bathroom to pee i just wiped and I saw a kinda slimy red kinda like my period and thought to myself I should put on a tampon and I did just to make sure I don't leak so then I went back to the bathroom took my tampon out and saw that it was only brown no red marks at all. But i still put a pad on just incase the next day i will have my period but turned out I had a pretty clean pad no sign of period at all. So i was like mmmhh i waited again until monday but still nothing when i wipe thats when i see the brown diacharge so tues i bought a dollar tree pt to take a test and it came out negative so then i thought maybe im just late well ive been very irregular since i was 10 so it isn't a surprise for me anymore to not have a period for like 2-4 months but my last period was on jan 9th of this year so when this brown discharge came i am not sure if it was my period so anyways back to the story the 3rd day i still had brown discharge but this time with a little bit of red dark red blood color only when i wipe it went on until the 5th day on the 6th day that when it turned out to be just really dark brown discharge and then ended so that was 1 week of just the brown discharge and this is my 1st time in my entire life that happened to me i'm not on the pill or anything so i don't know what is caused it but i did took another preg test on the 4th day but still negative so now I'm just doing the waiting game i don't know what to do and think. i just want to know if you had 1 week of brown discharge and found out your pregnant.