I have a colleague that goes to meditation in fact it is called mantra meditation and would like to hear what mantra meditation is actually for I always thought there's only one type of meditation-where you sit doing nothing and thinking nothing. And now I came to know that she is practicing some mantra meditation that is about repeating some words and there are some sounds weird thing to explain-I actually went yesterday with her on mantra meditation but I got pretty much scared so I need some more info about mantra meditation.

I know that being on mantra meditation session for the first time might be weird experience for some people for it seems to be so much spiritual and actually could use it even if is not a religious person. Mantra meditation is about sound that is used to relax your mind and hearth. The point is in repeating the words meaning sounds for word mantra means sound and you don't need to use the religious or spiritual word or words as you have probably heard there. Mantra meditation is simply a technique where you can use whatever word you like and repeat it until you feel you are in peace with yourself it means that it comes into your consciousness and at this point according to mantra meditation technique you have reached the highest level of awareness. And that's where you relax your mind and your nerves system and I think you have probably noticed that your colleague is so relaxed and calm and you can bet it has something to do with mantra meditation.