ok so i was picking up peices of broken glass and i did not see a large peice of glass sticking out and it deeply cut my middle finger. i did not no what to do and i did not want to make my parents mad so i just cleaned it up and wrapped it up with gause and an ace bandage. and it bleed for about an hour. what should i do??? i can see the tendon and it looks and feels cut/broken. im really worried. should i just go see the doctor??? but if i dont what advice can you give me about my knuckle, and how to care about it until it heals??

hi, any cuts that are deep or in an awkward place really do need to be seen by the doctor. it is very difficult for cuts to heal in an area like the hand due to the fact that it is constantly moving and very difficult to keep clean. if like you say the structures of the hand are visible then i would suggest that you get yourself to the doctor asap, otherwise you could have serious repercussions such as infection, leading to loss of sensation and other problems. hope this helps.

thank you for telling me that
i am shechudles for surgury to repair my tendon on the 23

hi, really pleased that you got it seen to, and glad that you're getting treated quickly. good luck hope it all goes well - kate

hey the same thing happened to me. Knuckle was showing, and the mid fingers 2 tendons were cut and a nerve. How are you feeling by now? Back to doing activities? Hows the movement and feeking? I want to know what to expect for myself. Thanks :]

heys.... just read ur message about nerve n tendon damage, a few years bak i has a accident with glass n in result it healed but i have now lost feeling in my middle finger ...... just wondering hav u lost any feeling ?
also 2 weeks ago i had another accident wiv glass AGAIN , i snapped some tendons on the top of my hand n has deep wounds all over my right hand (same hand as the first accident ) iv had a operation 2 repair them but the movement in my whole hand isnt very good .... just wondering after yours healed fully did u get full movement bak ?

What if it isn't very deep? I just cut my index finger's middle knuckle, and I put a band-aid on it, but I can feel it pulsating, and I cut a good three layers of skin off... Can I just leave band-aids on and hope it scabs over? It still has the flab of skin over it, for I did not fully cut it off... I am so stupid, and would rather not see a doctor about this... suggestions?

Hey. i cut my pointer finger pretty deep, i was able to see just white under but large gash. this was a month ago and i have a spot that is really sensitive (feels like a nerve or something). does anyone know if i should see a doctor? movement is fine, sometimes kinda stiff so need to stretch from fist to open had and it feels weird sometimes. i would obviously prefer no surgery. has anyone had something similar and has the pain gone away after a few months

So I cut my knuckle pretty deep it has been 3 weeks and it still hurts I cannot close fist or put pressure on it.. If i hit it accidentally it's a shocking sensation there is still some swelling around knuckle area is it normal? For it to also feel like it stretches when I try to move it use it feels weird

what did you do? Same thing is going on with me. I'm starting to freak out a little bit but dang sure wish I could just treat it myself. I've tried everything!