My good friend had a subtalar fusion about 6 months ago. The year 2004 he underwent surgery for repair of dislocated peroneal tendons with tendon release and a loose body removal from his ankle. His tendons are sore ever since and he has pain in ankle. Why is that? Why is experiencing pain still? The doctor who performed surgery hasn’t had explanation.

Hello, I also had a subtalar fusion. First one never worked any union. Not sure why doc was not sure why either kept having pain. He thought it was scar tissue ended up having another mri doc wanted second opinion, so I went to another doc for it he took a bone scan and found there was no union. After second one I didn’t have any feeling in scar area. He hurt the nerve. Now, since 2nd one still have heel pain and ankle still hurts deep inside when I stand up after sitting for awhile have been going to pt 3 times per wk also use a bone stimulator 10 hrs per day not sure for how long. They told me I may also need surgery for repair of dislocated peroneal tendons!!!