I cut myself for different reasons, depending on my state of mind. Sometimes it is just the way to relief the pain I feel inside other times I do because at the time I feel I deserve to be punished, or I am angry at myself, but really I think someone else. It is like a proof that some of the pain that I have had to live with trying to escape my body. I am 27 years old, female. I would like to hear how other people deal with this.

I cut myself too. I feel so much pain inside that I need a way to release it all, so by cutting me, it acts as an outlet for that l pain. It feels like problems all running out of me when I see myself bleeding. I know that probably sounds gross to most people. I am in group therapy for people who self-injure for some time now. I am good so far. We’ll see… it’s hard.

I USED TO CUT MYSELF N I HAD A COUNCILER SHE TOLD TO PUT AN ELASTIC BAND ROUND MY RIST AND PING IT AGAINST MY WRIST N HOLD AN ICECUBE IN MY HAND N THEY WORKED CUZ IT GAVE THE SAME PAIN N FEELIN AS CUTTIN

I cut myself to, im a bloke, i do it cause i get deppresed, it is like a pain relief for all of my deppresion, its likee i cut all of the pain out and let it flow all the way out in a stream of blood