I’ve been suffering from back pain and weakness for some time. One day I came back from the work and went to the bathroom. Next minute I was lying down. I just felt. After few days I had complete physical exam and did MRI. Diagnose was degenerative disc disease. I just hope that surgery want be needed.

I have degenerative disc disease for years. I was on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs therapy until recently, but I have to start with opoids now. I also don’t want to have surgery, but Ibuprofen doesn’t work for me anymore. The pain in back is persistent.

If you're feeling the need to learn more about DDD, you can check out medical sites like the one for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. They have a "Health Conditions" section that discusess various information regarding DDD that may be of interest to you:

csmc.edu/5757.html

Hope this helps =)

MY HUSBAND WAS TOLD THAT HE AS ddd and narrowing of L5-S1 and in a lot off pain he as been going to therapy every 2 weeks and still no better he now feels like something is rubbing in his back and he also gets pain in his foot and knee give way some times and cant walk very long with out his foot going numb but thet still will not do a mri the work doc also told him that the pain he is getting is not from the DDD so them what is it from please help thanks