Hi there! I am an medicine student and am in hurry with this delirium work so please someone tell me some more info regarding delirium-what is it exactly, what causes it and also some tips of delirium treatment. I would appreciate any delirium info for you know I am suppose to have some exam tomorrow and am so busy with other subjects also and now this delirium thing has showed up- I need this info as fast as possible! Thanks much!

Hello! All I know of delirium is that it affects the mental condition so when someone is affected by delirium than he is totally confused and disoriented, the patient is not able of logical thinking and speaking and in fact is not able of doing any single thing on logical way and the interesting thing is that all those delirium symptoms are more severe at nights when there is nobody and it's all silent. Anyway whatever the illness may cause delirium but delirium is usually connected with alcohol and drug abuse, brain infection and head injury, also high fever and diabetes condition may cause delirium as well as mental disorders so whenever it comes to delirium treatment than it is vital to find first what is the underlying cause but I know that usually meds are prescribed to reduce anxiety symptoms and it is very important to provide enough of B12 vitamin complex especially the lack of vitamin B1 may cause the worsening of delirium condition.