Hi :) This is my first post here.

I am sure i have Coeliac Disease as I used to get wind, bloating, diahorrhea, nausea and severe back pain, plus extreme sleepiness, and mental confusion, after many of my meals. These symptons have been largely cured by putting myself on a strict gluten free diet, 3-4 years ago (however, they do sometimes recur due to mistakes/cross-contamination)  Eventually this also cleared up my arthritis which had got really bad, and rectal bleedng.  Unfortunately though, i cannot have a diagnosis, as i have been told by my doctor and a gastroenterologist that I must go on a normal diet for 3 months before tests. My symptoms are so severe that I could not stand this, and I believe it would do me a great deal of harm.

I also had to cut dairy out of my diet, shortly after, because it began to cause similar symptoms.

I get these symptoms 5-6 hours after eating.

Now, my current problem is that I have found similar symptoms recurring in the past few weeks, and I have managed to pin down Pure Soya Spread (which is gluten free and dairy free) as the common factor in meals that caused the symptoms. I have used this for many years without gettuing these symptoms before

The symptoms occur about 5-6 hours after eating, same as gluten symptoms, but there are slight differences
I get the bloating and gas (which is largely expelled by belching, same as with gluten), the nausea and the neurological symptoms, but not the diahorrhea .  I also get pain, but the pain is not in my back so much as in the lower part of my ribcage, and extends all the way round my body.

i have also had a lotyof trouble with my asthma, and even hayfever (which i rarely suffer from) these past few weeks, and wonder if this is linked?

As with the gluten reactions , I find that Piriton liquid cures the neurological symptoms. (This should not theoretically work, but it does. No other antihistamine is effective though) The pain is currently not so bad that a dos of Paracertemol and Codeine will not relieve it. (The gluten back pain eventually got so bad that it rivalled my neuralgia , and wasa not signifivantlly eased by medicine. However this did ease off overr time, since i went on the diet, and recent mistakes have caused little or no pain)

Now, can anyone suggest what the hell is going on? I don't think I can have a Soya allergy , as I drink soya milk every day, without ill-effect. I have posted on a coeliac forum though, and the only respondent there, so far,  thinks its likely Soya allergy, nonetheless.

If I do have yet another allegy, i don't want to make the same mistake that I made with the gluten. I want to be tested before I eliminate the food this time. I am in the UK and normally subsist (with great difficulty ) on Benefits. I cannot get gf food on prescription because I don't have a diagnosis :(. To make matters worse, my benefits were recently stopped, and I am having a problem getting them re-started.  So please don't propse anything that will cost me so much as a penny.

Are there appropriate tests for whatever this might be available on the NHS? And can I access these tests really fast, before I get driven to cut out soya too?

Thanks for reading

PS I am unable to edit my post but have just thought  to add a bit more info: despite the gf diet I find that I am currently sufferering from worsening fatigue (this was alleviated by the gf diet , initially) and , more alarmingly, a host of worsening "background" neurological symptoms. eg. carpal tunnel sydrome, dyspraxia, bouts of dyslexia (!) and "brain fog", migraines, muscle tremors, to the extent that i began to fear I have MS. I now have an appointment with a neurologis in June. How much should I tell him about my digestive symptoms, and other allegies?  From my various reading, it pretty ceratin they are all linked. But I've started to complie it, and there's an awful lot of info to wade through (pages and pages)

sounds like you are allergic or intollerant of soy products. it's not uncommon. if you feel better not eating it, then just quit it. hope you feel better.

hi :) had forgotten this forum

I have since discoverered ithat I can no longer tolerate oil or fat in any form, not even extra virgin olive oil. Worse I cannot find any protein food i can tolerate except soya milk, thank goodness, so it is definitely not a soya intolerance. Have had to add rice, corn, tapioca, cocoa, peanuts and almost all legumes to my "no go" list along with fats and oils.

I have ben found to have no allergies, only intolerances. It is therfore not considered a serious condition, by ther NHS, and there is nothing they can do for me, it seems :(

ty for the reply

ps however, the neurolgical symptoms are being taken taken seriously and I have undergone many ytests to discover the cause. Suggestions that my diet is a causal factor are consistently bebutted though, especially now they are continuing and even worsening despite that i avoid all the trigger foods.

I still cannot believe it is mere coincidence that these foods all trigger extreme episodes of neuroligical symptoms when I consume them. And this always occurrs in tandem with digestive symptoms, 5 hours after consuming the offending food. But that is what I am expected to believe.

Hi, if you do not tolerate oils you may have fat malabsorption and this could be from the intestinal disorder. Celiac disease or Crohn's disease that affect the small intestine may damage the intestinal lining in the way you become intolerant (not allergic) to various foods, like dairy (lactose intolerance), fats (fat malabsorption), fruits or anything containing fructose (fructose malabsorption). Damaged intestinal lining could also result in impaired absorption of certain vitamins, such as vitamin B12, what could explain neurological symptoms.

It might be less than 3 months of gluten-containing diet needed before the test, but ask a doctor. I recommend you to write down all your symptoms as a medical history and reveal it to a reliable gastroenterologist.

thanks modric. well, luckily i can tolerate nearly all fruits, if not all (not too sure about pineapple and cherries) as there's precious little else i can eat.

I was wondering about damage to intestinal lining but i have seen a gastroenterolgist, he has done all the tests he's willing to do, found out i have gallstones but asserts that these don't cause my symptoms. In the end he said there is nothing he can do about food intolerrances and it isn't a serious issue , goodbye.

I am on benefits and have no savings, so going outside the NHS is not an option.

I drink 1.5 litres of soya Milk per day, fpor the protein, so I am getting a big excess of Vit B!2 and calcium, etc because they add all these things.

ThanKs for your response. :)

Have a look at website low histamine chef. Also dr Perlmutter's book 'grain brain' & maybe see a functional or integrative practitioner