its kinda disgusting but yea i have a huge abscess in my right ear and i never had one before but i went to the doc and he gave me a choice of antibiotics or drain the thing by a small incesion, i need advice to know if i should do the surgery thing or just keep on the antibiotics and if the surgery would hurt?

The ear is the most common site for abscesses to appear, I’d say. It just doesn’t respond well to antibiotics thus it requires a surgical incision to remove the pus or fluid. I once had one myself and it was so painful, that was a really bad experience though. I think the abscess I had came out of a simple blotch I had in my ear. I was always touching it just whenever and I think it might have got infected so it started to get bigger and was full of pus. The abscess would explode occasionally and the fluid would leak out but then it would start all over. I couldn’t get rid of it for months. It seems like it is a neverending process but you have to live with it for some time. Maybe you should go to the pharmacy and buy some lotions which might help but it would as well be the slow process as the abscesses need time to go away. If you are on the run, you go ask your surgeon about removing it by incision. And good luck!!

I think I have the same thing (in my ear canal) it was 3 days already and it only seems to get bigger. Today it started hurting as hell and I already took almost 200 mg of codeine and it only makes pain barely tolerable. MarioB, your reply scares me. Green pus is leaking from my ear (:S) and I cant chew normally and pain is excruciating, but I dont have fever and otherwise feel normal (except for local pain). Is it dangerous? Should I seek medical attention? It seems to be really deep into the ear canal and im afraid it could affect my hearing or something...

my 5 year old boy has an abscess in his right ear which we did not know about until it had burst and blood was coming from his ear, he is on his second lot of antibiotics and know has a ear infection in his left ear, i have been told at an abcess in the ear can be dangerous and i am worried that beaus we didnt know the one in his right ear was there until it had burst (he was not in any pain) could that abcess spread now because it had burst my gp was helpfull to a degree but the more i read about it the more i worrie and the more questions i have, my son have got gromits in both ear, and i have been told they are not the problem, my boy is playing as normal he is not unwell but he have just got blood and discharge from his right ear and discharge from his left?

i have an ear infection and stuff is leaking out of my ear i don't know how long is going to last

I had an abscess in my right ear for three weeks total. It was getting bigger and bigger. At first it was painful, then it was annoying and then it became painful again. I went to urgent care they prescribed an antibiotic cream. It did nothing. I then went to an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) doctor who made an incision and cut it al out and drained it. I then used peroxide to clean it and within 5 days it was completely gone. Next time I think I will go straight to the doctor. THey inject you with something to numb it before they do the incision, that is the most painful part. The rest was a relief!

Well I had a cyst in my left ear, it became bigger and bigger and started pulsing and giving me ear aches. I went to the doctor and got an insition and he drained the cyst. I am left with an awful scar.. cysts around it and now they are in my right ear. I am on medication now as of three days ago. otherwise I have to go to a dermatologist as this has been occuring for over 9 months now.  

Get a referral to an ENT specialist..They will numb it...clean it thoroughly. I kept getting itching, then pain in my canal.

You can use white vinegar 50% and the rest water.
Do this 5 times a day...don't wait for months because other complications may develop.

oh my gosh!!
i have the exact same thing in my left ear!
it was leaking out pus today and was aching so badly. the doc said that its so big that its nearly blocking up my canal completely!!

Get a piece of garlic and cruch it a piece of cotton and place it in ear

I went to the doctor yesterday because of ear pain. My ear was swollen & I was in so much pain. I didn't know it was an abscess. The doctor put some numbing cream or whatever on my ear & left for like 30 minutes. She came back & cut the abscess with a scapel. It hurted like hell! Alot of pus & blood was coming out of it. >_< It was disgusting & soo painful. She kept pushing it to make sure all of it was out. So, yeaahh. That's my story on my abscess.

I have one in my left ear at the moment and the pain is unbearable. I starter anti biotics today but is there anything else I can take to make it erupt faster? I haven't slept in 72 hours :(

I just got my wife to cut and drain mine...I have them from time to time, it's always a lot of pain so this time I was about 2 weeks in and I couldn't take it anymore... cut and drain it... Maybe you don't want to do it, so get a doctor or nurse, I'd suggest the doctor route if you aren't used to doing things like this. Anyway instant relief and happy with the decision!

Does that really work?

I got one now this my 2 time n yes it hurt