Hello. I'm 27 year old male and I lately I have experienced some delicate problems. I first started notice it about a month ago. First I was unable to sit comfortably and experienced difficulty or pain with passing stool.
Of course, I first though it could be from hemorrhoids but when I looked at it, using some mirror, I have noticed that my whole anal region is red and swollen. And on one place, just beside my anus, I saw a bump filled with yellowish fluid.
Please tell me what this could be. Could it be abscess of the anus? Is it something serious? Should I contact my doctor over this or what?

I think I know what could be the cause of your problems. You see, you have described almost typical symptoms of abscess of the anus or peri-anal abscess. It happens when there is some scratch in the skin around the anus or the walls of the anal canal then bacterias, which can be normally found in your stool, can enter and cause an infection. This can result in the infection then causes local swelling, irritation, tissue damage, and pus buildup also called abscess. Most common bacterias that can cause this are Staphylococcus, E.coli and Streptococci. For mild types of abscesses only pain medication such as Tylenol, Motrin, Codeine could be prescribed and also some stool softeners or laxatives. For deeper types of abscesses a small operation is needed in which doctor opens and drains the abscess after which the wound is packed with gauze soaked in Iodoform an anti-bacterial agent for 24-48 hours.