Hi, I had a mouth injury two days ago, and now it seams that I developed a dental infection. I can only eat mild, soft food and I brush my teeth after every meal. How dangerous this infection is for my teeth?

Go to dentist immediately if you suspect a dental infection! If you don’t start a treatment now, it could get much worse, and you could develop a serious complication. Infection could lead to abscess and death tooth. If the abscess full of germs grows, it could cause damages to local muscles and need a difficult surgery. It will be much easier to treat the infection right away and avoid all those complications. Depending on how severe your infection is, your dentist will prescribe you a proper treatment. It can be cured with antibiotics, herbal gels or some other remedy. If your dentist says that it’s nothing serious and that you don’t need some special treatment, visit another dentist for a second opinion (If I asked for a second opinion on time, I would still have a tooth that was infected).