Greeting everyone.

I am new in here. My friend told me to join here because I always have a lot of questions about something. She told me that here I can find out a lot of things, that this site is exactly what I need.

OK, let’s start. My sister Amanda had valve replacement 12 days ago.  She is at home and she is feeling just fine.

But yesterday, she felt sharp pain in her tooth. She wants to go to see her dentist, but we are all a little bit skeptical because she had surgery very recently.

Can you tell me what do you think about dental work after valve replacement? Can she go to see her dentist and to fix her tooth?

Hello there :)

I think that you should definitely be in touch with your doctor about this, but I think that there is no reason to be worried about. The only thing that I know is that you might need to take antibiotics before you have dental work or some dental surgery done.

But you should remember that even a simple tooth cleaning can dislodge some bacteria and this one can easily find the way to your heart valve that is replaced and cause some infection.

But I am also pretty sure that your doctor or your dentist will tell you this.

Hey there guys. I am having dental work very soon (by soon I mean in three months time) after my valve replacement. It was nothing serious. I consulted my dentist first and then I consulted my doctor. They both told me that there is no reason for me to be worried because they will do some test first and they will give me medications that are going to help me. I need to mention that in this time I was recovering from the surgery. I believe that three months is minimum time that you need to wait to do something like this. Good luck.

Hey everyone. I don’t think that she should do this now. 12 days is a very little time to do some other procedures. It is not something that you should joke about. Maybe you can do it, I am not sure, but please consult your doctor before you consult any dentist. I agree with Guest, after three months you can do a lot of things but after 12 days or 15 days – it doesn’t matter, it is very, very early. I believe that there is a risk of bacterial endocarditis during the dental work. That is why you need to be extremely carefully.

Good day everyone. Here is what you need to know. Certain hearth diseases and condition, in your case valve replacement increase the risk of developing heart valve infection following dental procedures. This infection means infection in the heart ad especially infection of the hearth valves. It occurs when bacteria spreads through the bloodstream and it can grow inside your heart. High risk procedures are usually those procedures that can case bleeding and even tissue damage. These include dental work as well. I think that you need to be extremely careful about this and do some research about it. Your doctor needs to tell you a lot of things.