Hello, folks. I am experiencing serious sinus problems and I cannot take it any more. I am thinking of going to septoplasty. Some say this is the only solution. I would want to hear from someone who has already had this procedure before. I will appreciate your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Hello. Deviation of the nasal septum can be a common cause for sinus problems. If this is what is causing your sinus problems, then septoplasty will be the solution for you. I did mine last year. I did it in general anesthesia, although I hear it can be done locally as well. The procedure lasts for about an hour. It is on a day surgery basis. You will carry packs in your nose for few days after the procedure. I suggest you to discuss the details with your ENT specialist. I hope everything will be all right.