I am suffering from nasal obstruction for years. I was on different treatments but nothing left long term effects on me. I am considering trying with septoplasty, but I am not sure how effective it is. Is there any scale of effectiveness to show me how efficient is septoplasty in relieving nasal obstruction?

It has been difficult to determine because there was limited evidence of effectiveness of septoplasty for nasal obstruction and no validated instrument for the disorder. The prior studies were often retrospective, used non-validated questionnaires, or included sinus and other associated procedures. I read somewhere about study that has been conducted. It is NOSE study and the NOSE scale has a range of scores from 0 (no problem) to 100(worst quality of life). And this study found that the septoplasty procedure for nasal obstruction due to septal deviation improves the disease-specific quality of life, measured three months after the procedure has been completed.