I have a problem and now I have to share it with someone. I was suffering from a heel pain that I thought it would go away with time. As I realized it is not going to happen. I visited a podiatrist who diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis. He told me a surgery called fasciotomy was recommended. Now I wonder if there is anyone, who might tell me something about these fasciotomy surgical procedures.

Plantar fasciotomy surgical procedure is usually performed when other conservative treatments have not helped. Plantar fasciotomy is an endoscopic surgery procedure. This is done by a foot specialist in a doctor's office. They will perform this surgery under local anesthesia and takes 20 minutes to one hour, and you should not be worried. The doctor should make two small incisions on either side of the heel you feel pain. An endoscope is inserted in one to guide the doctor in where to cut, and a tiny knife is inserted in the other. A portion of the fascia is cut from near the heel and then the incisions are closed. The greatest risk is that the arch will drop slightly because of this surgery, which might cause some other foot problems. The success rate of release in fasciotomy surgical procedure is 70 to 90% in patients with plantar fasciitis as you have. I also had this problem, that seems to be bigger then I thought, because after surgery and after I have to walk and run in the pool, about 20 or 30 minutes few days a week I felt much improving with my condition which was the same you have.