Good day everyone.

So my best friend’s boyfriend was diagnosed with diabetes. It probably would be nothing serious, I mean he can easily control it but here is another problem – he is diagnosed with diabetes and needing double bypass surgery. Can you tell me what he can expect? Anyone in here knows something? Maybe you had similar experience with it?

Is this dangerous? That is our main concern especially because diabetes is new to him, he didn’t know that he has problems with it. It was a routine control and they found out this.

Logically, we are all concerned.  

Hey.

First you need to be aware that every surgery is dangerous especially those surgeries where patients already have some health issues. Especially patients with diabetes are at increased risk of this disease. Well when diabetic patients needs cardiac surgery the presence of this disease represents and additional risk factor for this surgical procedure.

So whenever some surgical procedure is going to happen and you are having some healthy issues you need to consult your doctor and tell him every problem that you are having.

I hope that everything is going to be ok.

Good luck and keep in touch with us about it. 

Hi guys. Diabetes can be very dangerous. It is dangerous especially when you need to have bypass surgery. I am telling you this from my own experience. I had three bypass surgeries and I am diabetic since I was very little. I just can’t describe you how much care I needed to have, how many preparations I needed to have before and after this procedure. My doctors helped me a lot because they were always there with me, telling me that everything is going to be ok. When I had first surgery there was a lot of complications. But my doctors saved my life. It is risky and you need to be prepared to it.

Hey everyone. I still believe that this situation depends from case to case. If the diabetes is not in some dangerous stadium, and if bypass surgery is a routine than there is no reason for you to be that worried.

I know why I am saying this - my best friend’s mom had diabetes and she had double bypass surgery as well. Everything was just fine. The surgery was done in 45 minutes I think and she was feeling completely fine. She was at home after seven days and she continued to take her therapy just like before the surgery.