I have puffy monolids and do not like the way in which my eyes look. I have been wanting to get double eyelid surgery for ages now and now I have finished my degree I am thinking it would be a good time to get this soon. But, I am not certain whether I know everything I should know already and hoped we could discuss here, hopefully with others who already underwent double eyelid surgery, everything you need to know about double eyelid surgery before getting it. I need to be 100% sure I will look improved and not worse before embarking on this adventure!

Hello

I have contemplated about double eyelid surgery/Asian blepharoplasty myself. By searching around on the internet, it is possible to obtain detailed pictures and even video footage of the procedure itself. It does depend on what type of lid you have, in general what the surgeon does is remove some skin and repositions it in the fold. Sometimes this type of double eyelid surgery can even be performed using local anesthesia, meaning this surgery is not such a big deal at all and a good option for those who wish to create that fold or the appearance of bigger eyes.

Hope that helps

Well, I had to look this up (because honestly the title sounded beyond interesting to me LOL) and what do you know? Yep, double eyelid surgery is surgery for Asian people with monolids (didn't know what that was either) to create the appearance of a crease in the eyelid. A double lid, yeah. I saw some before after pictures and yeah, it seems like a fairly simple procedure (did watch illustrations) and with dramatic results as well! Pretty cool stuff. I mean, why not? If you wanna look different then go for it. I had rhinoplasty cause I didn't like my nose. I know someone who had their ears pinned back. Plenty people get fillers and facelifts and lipo and what have you. So why not? Cool.

I'm 19 and have intermittent crease, I wake up with one but it goes away over time during the day. The left eye has more of a pronounced crease as compared with the right side as well.

I am thinking I would like to have double eyelid surgery as well. I read that for eyelid types like mine, which is not completely a monolid but has intermittent crease, the surgical technique is very simple. They make micro-incisions and suture it, to enable the crease to remain in place.

Since I have been wanting this surgery I did a lot of reading around and I did read, which concerns me, that a lot of people who have had double eyelid surgery years back then need a correction later. Their eyes may start drooping or become lopsided. This is my main worry. I do not want to be stuck with surgery for the rest of my life, every number of years! Maybe the newer surgeries are better though.

Celebrity

I know almost nothing about this surgery, myself, but someone I know through work had it done. She is from South Korea, where this is a very popular surgery, and that is where she had it done. She took time off work to have it done but said, afterwards, that recovery was a piece of cake. Her mom took care of her a few days and she came back with the eyes she had always wanted. Honestly, she looks beautiful now and looked beautiful before, but she is happy, and that is what matters.

Would I have invasive surgery to fix what I perceive as a flaw? No. I don't have money for that, for one, and I just feel surgery is scary. This surgery is so routine in some parts of the world that surgeons certainly get plenty of practice though, and that is reassuring.

Rosie