Hello friends. I recently bough the car from this lovely girl. She was selling it and price was a joke. I was thinking that this is a mistake and that she wants to sell me something that it is bad. But when I saw the car and when my mechanic looked at it, we saw that this care is perfectly fine. I asked her why is she selling it and why is she selling it so cheap. She told me that she has mitral stenosis and that she needs money for the treatment. I was wondering how is Mitral Stenosis diagnosed and how it is treated?

Hey there.

I am honestly sorry to hear this. She must be an amazing girl since she is selling it just for the treatment. This story makes me sad now. Mitral stenosis almost always results from rheumatic fever, a childhood illness that sometimes occurs after untreated strep throat or scarlet fever. Rheumatic fever is very rare in this country due to the use of effective antibiotics to prevent infections. This condition can be treated but unfortunately it can’t be fixed with the medications.  There are some other options that her doctor can prescribe her in this case. I hope that this girl is going to be fine.

Hello friends.
I am sorry to hear this story.
Symptoms of mitral stenosis usually manifest during the third or fourth decade of life and nearly half of the patients do not recall a history of acute rheumatic fever. Patients are generally asymptomatic at rest during the early stage of the disease. But all those symptoms and some other factors can increase your heart beats for example. It is diagnosed by simple examination but the good thing is that this issue is treated and usually there is no damage or fear that this can be fatal.
I hope that she will be fine...

Good day there everyone. My cousin has mitral stenosis as well. According to her words, it is not that dangerous as you might think at the beginning when you get this diagnosis. But you should also remember that there no are medications that can correct or heal this. It is impossible. Your doctor can definitely prescribe something for you that can help you deal with it. He can prescribe diuretics, blood thinners, maybe beta blockers and even calcium channel blockers. Also, anti – arrhythmic are good to treat it, just like some other antibiotics. I hope that you can find my information helpful. Good luck,

Hey guys. You don't know how much you made my day after telling me this. I really think that she is adorable girl and I can see that she is extremely scared about this whole situation. I am going to buy this car definitely because I want to help her. Also, I want to know how she can treat it? Does she needs to have some surgery or maybe she can treat it only with medications. She is really scared, I never saw someone who is that scared in my whole life. If she can treat it with some antibiotics, I am sure that she will be happy about it and she will be calm.

Hey Bale,

No medications can correct a mitral stenosis. However, certain drugs can reduce symptoms by easing your heart's workload and regulating its rhythm. 

Her doctor might prescribe her:

• Diuretics to reduce fluid accumulation in your lungs or elsewhere.
  • Blood thinners (anticoagulants) to help prevent blood clots. A daily aspirin may be included.
  • Beta blockers or calcium channel blockers to slow your heart rate and allow your heart to fill more effectively.
  • Anti-arrhythmics to treat atrial fibrillation or other rhythm disturbances associated with mitral valve stenosis.
  • Antibiotics to prevent a recurrence of rheumatic fever if that's what caused your mitral stenosis.

Hey everyone,

If the situation is really bad, Bale, she is going to need a surgery. There are both surgery and non surgery options but if things get nasty, she will have to undergo surgery.

Surgery options are valve repair and valve replacement, both safe. The nonsurgical procedure uses a soft, thin tube (catheter) tipped with a balloon. A doctor guides the catheter through a blood vessel in your arm or groin to the narrowed valve. Once in position, the balloon is inflated to widen the valve, improving blood flow. The balloon is then deflated and the catheter with balloon is removed. This is called balloon valvuloplasty

Hey Bale,

Are you maybe falling in love with this girl, could it be? You aren't asking here about this just like that, you must have like her, that's sweet, then try to be there for her, she needs it and she will like it, that's for sure.

She shouldn't be in life danger but if she has to undergo surgery, the recovery process can be very hard. One of the possible surgeries that can be done is an open heart surgery which uses a heart lung bypass machine. Whenever you hear that someone had to be connected to this machine, you can know for sure that the recovery is going to be hard.

Well, if she said that she has to sell the car because she needs to treat mitral stenosis, then she is probably going to have a surgery.

I'll go along with what Bee just wrote. These procedures are not that dangerous and there are small chances for any complications to occur but it is still possible, let's hope it won't. After the surgery (if she is having one), it is going to take a lot of time for her to recover, and that's where you come in. If you like this girl like Bee assumed, then be there for her in this period of her life.