For several years I have suffered from bouts of diarrhea within 1/2 hour of eating a large meal. The bloating and cramps are excruciating. There have been several times where I feel as if I am about to pass out. I have tried keeping track of what I eat and I have found that eating red meat seems to be the common denominator in each bout. I have also found that there are times that chicken or pork will also cause the symptoms. Does anyone know why this happens and is there anything I can do besides becoming a vegetarian? Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds awful! I'm sorry to say but it might be taht you're actually allergic to meat. I think that the first thing you should do is see an allergist to rule that out before you try doing anything to help stop the diarrhea. Is that something you're able to do?

I have very similar problems. Red meat is the worst, but any concentrated protein can do it - salmon, eggs, etc. Only thing that seems to help me is large doses of Vitamin D - 5000 IU a day for me (I have had levels tested after six months of this and they were low 40s, barely normal. I tried vegan for awhile - zero diarrhea but gained a bunch of weight. The vitamin D helps a lot but I still occasionally get bouts of diarrhea after eating meat. Stool tests by my MD turned up nothing.