My daughter has had a yellow mucusy diarrhea for the past 3 days. this bowel movement has a strong horrible odor to it as well. she goes about 3 times a day, when usually she only goes once. I have noticed she strains so hard to go, but when i change her its only a little bit. With these bowel movements she has also gotten a horrible diaper rash, that has become raw...it seems like her bowel movements burn it when she goes. We have not given her anything different in her diet lately, except for adding cow's milk to her soy milk. she does not seem to be in any pain, except when she is actually pushing for it to come out. she has not had any fever, and seems to be eating as well as usual. I do have a dr appt in 4 days, but i'm worried that it cannot wait that long. id it some type of bacterial infection, or just a stomach virus?

I am by no means an expert but my 15 month old had almost identical symptoms and I also had previously mixed cow's milk and soy milk together. If either one of these are fortified with calcium, the calicium ion could react to the milk protien of the dairy or non dairy item that it was not formulated for. I hope the makes sense. :-) Here is an article, hope it helps.

http://www.specialtyminerals.com/specialty-applications/specialty-markets-for-minerals/food-fortification/beverages/beverage-study-pcc-protein-interaction/

PLEASE RESEARCH THE DANGERS OF SOY - THEN SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dul63NPQ8Ik
------------
http://www.zenzibar.com/Articles/issoysafe.asp
The aluminum content of soy formula is 100 times greater than unprocessed milk. Aluminum has a toxic effects on infants kidneys and may be a cause of Alzheimer's in adults. Soy formula lack three important nutrients found in all milk: cholesterol, which is essential for brain development, and lactose and galactose, which play vital roles in the development and functioning of the nerves.

All is not what it seems with the supposed health benefits of soy. Allergies to soy are at least as common as allergies to milk. Nitrosamines, potent carcinogens often associated with meat, are found in high concentrations in all commercial soy protein foods. Isoflavones, anticarcinogenic sub-stances present in soybeans may have a pro-cancer effect when consumed unfermented. Although soybeans contain large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, these acids are particularly susceptible to rancidity when subjected to the high heat and pressure require to remove the oil from the bean; such rancidity promotes cancer and heart disease. Additionally, all soy oil is extracted with a solvent, traces of which remain in the oil.

In addition to containing anti-nutrients, soybeans lack these important nutritional elements (found in all animal products): cysteine, vitamin B12, vitamins A and D, and cholesterol. Consumption of unfermented soy products actually increases the body's needs for vitamin D and vitamin B12.

To summarize: traditional fermented soy products, especially when made with organic beans, are beneficial in the diet when combined with rice, sea foods, and fermented vegetables. The value of other soy products is questionable at best, disease causing at worst. The use of soy as a primary protein source is misguided.

Condensed by Susun Weed, PO Box 64, Woodstock, NY 12498 (845-246-8081)

===
-Soy Formulas, when given to infants, the average baby will get 25-41 mg's of Isoflaven's--that is in the range that causes problems in women, in just a few months of feeding---caused pathological breast changes in the menstrual cycle in adult women

-Peurtorican Study: Soy Estrogen: was associated with premature development in the little girls--no good study about Soy Estrogen's effect on little boys: anecdotelly, it seems to affect little boys in different ways: either very early on set of a masculine growth or a very retarded sexual development, very often: extreme emotional behaviour and learning disabilities: ADD

-Healthy Diet with the appropriate fats and nutrients that growing children need--Cod Liver Oil

-Cod Liver Oil: 1930's, 1940's Dr's were reccomending two tea-spoons of Cod Liver oil for babies, starting at 3 months--Cod Liver Oil to help avoid learning disabilities in children---Cod Liver oil is synergistic with the Saturated Fats in Milk, Coconut Oil and need to be taken together

-Soy in the Marketplace: up into the 100's of millions of dollars--worlds largest cash crop---80% of the partially hydrogenated vegetable oil in America is from Soy Oil----what is left over after the Soy is extracted from the bean is a waste product (Soy Protein Isolate!)

-Mary Enig: Fat (Lipids) Researcher

Hi my 23 month old daughter started with the same symptoms 3 days ago. What did the doctor say?. I thought it was a stomach flu but now I don´t know.
Thanks

Adriana

My daughter started with exactly the same symptoms 3 days ago. What did the doctor say?. I though it was a stomach flu but now i´m not so sure.
Thanks