For the better part of 4 years I've had chronic diarrhea along with occasional constipation. Other symptoms I have are persistent abdominal pains that both accompany the diarrhea and show up on its own, that nervous feeling that people refer to as "butterflies", it's rare but sometimes I'll have a slight fever, and also I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not but the diarrhea itself burns and my rectum feels very uncomfortable for hours on end. I've had both my appendix and gall bladder removed, and I mention this because both surgeries were not only done at different hospitals, they were done in different states and both doctors said (before the surgeries, respectively), "it's probably what's causing the problem and it is a little inflamed so were going to go ahead and just remove it." The symptoms that I had been feeling are what prompted the surgeries, but I still feel exactly the same. I've done the whole don't eat red meat for 3 weeks then eat red meat to see if the bowel pattern changes, but nothing happened. Obviously what I mean by that is I still had chronic diarrhea when I wasn't eating red meat. I also did the same thing with lactose. If anyone can weigh in it would be most appreciated.

my mum had the same problem for years and she got rushed into hospital 2 months ago becuase of her gallbladder and ever since she has come back the diarreah isnt as bad as it was but she still suffers from constepation  , our loacal gp gave her some sachets that u mix into water and they work wonders on her and she also had a tablet that gave her solid stools ( cant think of the name sorry) i know its not much help , but it mite be in some way