Hi, I have meat allergy. I am sensitive to pork and beaf, and I still need to check carefully if there is any other sort of meat I am allergic to. Now, I am trying to avoid any sort of meat in my diet. What are complications of allergy to meat?

Usually, people with an allergy react to more then one sort of meat. A person can become oversensitive to a pork, beef, lamb or chicken meat. Dermatitis is the first sign seen in these allergies. Cooking can destroy some protein molecules which are allergens. But, some people react even to cooked meat. Meat products can contain milk or soy been proteins, so you may actually be allergic to other proteins not even knowing. Allergy is usually treated with antihistamines, which can relief symptoms but do not stop the cause of he disease.

Hello there,

So, have you conclude this by yourself or you actually did allergies test and you know this for sure. If you are just guessing that you are allergic to meat you should definitely do test to know this for sure. Meat is very important in our organism because of proteins and they cannot be replaced with any other product. I know that you will point at vegetarians but lately soy has been classified as a product which can’t compare to meat.

I hope that you know what you are doing and what is best for you. Keep us posted about new events. And good luck with managing allergy and diet.

New Member

Triggers. Eating meat from mammals, and sometimes poultry. If you are allergic to meat, your body considers meat to be a physical threat. A severe allergic reaction can include anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening reaction that must be treated immediately with epinephrine.

New Member

If you are allergic to meat, strictly avoid it. If you avoid it, you will not develop allergy symptoms. The best way to treat food allergies is to avoid the trigger.