If my girlfriend says she was expecting her period on the 12th-13th of December, and we had unprotected sex on the 9th of December, is it normal for her to be experiencing pregnancy symptoms as early as a few days after the 9th? I ask because everywhere I've read up on this (online) has suggested that symptoms within the first week of pregnancy are very uncommon, and that symptoms usually show up after the SECOND week of pregnancy.

It's made me a little paranoid, and thus am concerned that her getting pregnant might not actually have anything to do with me...

Please help!

It could be possible that she is already 3-4 weeks pregnant by now. Keep in mind that no form of birth control for sexually active women, including condoms, actually are 100pct guarenteed.

Then again, she could be the paranoid one! Keep in mind that the early stages of pregnancy are mostly breast sensativity and morning sickness. (Which actually can occur any time of the day.) Both of which can be caused by many other things.

She might be experiancing these problems because of her subconscience is telling her she had unprotected sex recently, which has caused her to be paranoid.

The best thing to do is get a home pregnancy kit, First Responce is the one I most recommend. Go from there. But don't assume she's been unfaithful before you know exactly what is going on. That could lead to a lot of relationship problems.

Thank you for your reply!

Please excuse me. I made an error in my last post... I meant to say "December", not "November". I have edited it now.

The last time we had sex before the 9th of December was the 16th of November, around 2 days after her last period (we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like to)... So this also adds to my paranoia... :(

We didn't use protection on the 16th of November either, but I DID pull out, as opposed to when we had sex on the 9th of December, when we both decided against me pulling out.

She started getting tender breasts around 2 days ago, and is now starting to feel very nauseous.

I don't know how to feel at the moment... I want to be happy for us, but I don't know if I should be...

Anyone else? %-)

She very well could be pregnant. As you said about unprotected sex in November could have also gotten her pregnant. There are small amounts of sperm in pre~cum, it does not happen often, but it does happen. If it happend in November a pregnancy test will be accurate, If it happend this month now may be a good time to take a test, but I would wait for a few more days and test. The only way to know is a positive test. If there is a planned parenthood or clinic near you they can run an hcg quant~~pregancy hormones in blood~ for free or reduced prices. The blood test is the most accurate way of finding out. Best of luck to the both of you in whatever happens and you decide. :-)