I am 30 and my husband and I have been TTC for 4 months. This month I had a normal period which started on the 2nd of Nov. and ended on the 6th. However, on November 16th i started spotting. This is 12 days early for me. I continued pink and brown spotting for 6 days and then over the weekend I started to have some red flow and yesterday I had some clots.
Today is the 9th day for the spotting/bleeding. I have never had an irregular period, I have always had my period on the 26th day cycle.

My Periods also have never lasted more than 4-5 days.

I have not had any cramps, my breast were sore at first around the 16th but that has subsided. Last night I had bad heartburn. Other than this I have no other symptoms.

Has anybody else ever had this happen? I am just wondering if this is an irregular period or implantation bleeding?

If your period is normally regular and then this is happening, it could be possible of an early miscarriage...the spotting 12days early and lasting for some days turning into some clots, could have been your body not holding the egg. because it drops down the tubes to stick on to the cervix to have implemantation take place, but if the sperm got into the egg and the egg just didnt stick, maybe the clots was the egg passing thru. I am far from an expert but that would be my thought on it...consult your doctor for better answers though.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. I will consult my doctor today and she what she says. I was sure I was pregnant at first with the spotting and the sore breast but now it seems more like period symptoms. i just want the spotting to stop so i can get back on track to TTC.

I will post what the doc says. thanks for your post!

Talked to the Doc over the phone. She said it could be several things and mentioned a few. She did say it doesnt sound like pregnancy with the prolonged spotting/bleeding and the flow. Usually with implantation or early signs of pregnancy there shouldn't be a flow only spotting.

She said since the bleeding is back to light brown spotting (which is all i have had since 5pm last night) to wait a couple days and see if it stops. If the spotting continues to call back and schedule an appointment. If the bleeding stops I can a pregnancy test and if negative i should count this as a period and I should start another period within the next 25-30 days.

Again if the bleeding stops and I dont start my period in the next 30-35 days to schedule a routine check up appointment.

Of course she said if the symptoms get worse to come in or go to the ER, but at this point there isn't much to do but wait. She also said i could go in for a checkup if that would ease my mind.

Has anybody out there ever had this happen to them? I don't want to wait 30 days.

I am actually going through the exact same thing but I am clueless this has never happend to me before QA