Has this ever happened to you?

Would you continue to race on your ankle if it did happen?

I'm asking this for some Commoner who's not posting anymore. :P

Now Discuss.

no
and
no

ankle sprains and injuries can become chronic c**p, chronic weaknesses if not left to heal properly.

hello out there :wavey:

I'd probably finish the race, but otherwise I'd take time off to heal.

Me too but prolly advise others not to. :?

finish the race? I'd like to say no, but I'd likely be lying

continue to race? heck yes, if the doc says it's okay. I ran a 5k two days after a sprain, the doctor said I couldn't do any more damage and if I could tolerate the pain....go for it. Left turns were ouch.

continue to run (other than finishing said race) without it being checked out? NO!!!!!!!! I had 2 incidences in jr high and hs where the teacher had me continue class. First time it was a broken ankle, second a severe sprain that had me on crutches. DA phy ed teacher!! I mean how many 16 y/o girls would cry in front of bunch of 16 y/o boys if she wasn't really, really in pain??

It depends on how severe the sprain is.

If it's slight, and you're talking race like finishing the one you're in, yes I would finish the race. If it's bad, I wouldn't.

If you meant racing in general, yes, no matter how bad.

I guess this is pretty much like Sue's answer.