Hey I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to me or had any advice.

I'm an 18 year old guy and back on February 13th I was playing flag football (my first time wearing cleats in 5 years) and i was sprinting out to the side of the field and then felt a sharp pain in the top/side of my foot. I had stepped in a little hole and my foot, not ankle had twisted..... I never experienced a pain in that area before and i usually just played through ankle sprains so i tried the same for this. I walked around the entire day and my foot kept deteriorating and i eventually couldn't put any weight on it so for the rest of the weekend RICE'd it and put a boot on. I wore the boot for about a week and it was a slow recovery, but it was my senior volleyball season so i really wanted to practice.

I started non-jumping work outs a week after, but then I went to the podiatrist and he diagnosed me with a Lisfranc sprain (which i assume is mild because every other one ive read about has had people in casts for months) and i should keep it in the boot for another 8 weeks. My 1st game was 2 and a half weeks after my doctors appointment so I wore the boot and used RICE, an anti-inflammatory gel, Voltaren, and the herb Cissus for two weeks. I then practiced for 2 days and was able to play in my 1st game 3 weeks after my injury.

I continued through my season wearing the boot during the day, and playing/practicing with it off at night and the pain has slowly declined over the past months. Now next week is regional finals and I've been playing 100% (with no boot during the day)for about 3 weeks but I still have a dull pain (arthritic?) in my foot that randomly bothers me throughout the day (usually when i go up and down stairs at school and home and after a long time on my feet) and i haven't run because that bothers it too (thankfully volleyball is 2 steps and jump) and I'm wondering if this pain will be with me my entire life?

My foot is misshaped a little bit and theres still some swelling in the injury area and I'm wondering if this will be a lifelong problem, or will my foot ever return to normal? I realize I am extremely lucky but I'm extremely active and I dont know what I would do if I couldn' play sports

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you ever get surgery?

brvball, this is a serious injury and should not be taken so lightly. You should not be playing while it is trying to heal, boot should be on anytime you are weight bearing. These injuries commonly cause arthritis of the foot, especially if not treated right and allowed to heal. I am curious about how you are doing now? Did you have surgery?