Hello, Please help me. I'm 21...and I have had protected sex I'd say about a month ago. He wore a condom. I'm not on birth control. I have had pretty much regular periods up until this month. It came when expected. Friday/late night I started. It started off the way it usually does (red/brownish, somewhat black if I remember correctly) and then as it continued onto Sat. and Sun. it was quite heavy. I was even experiencing some clotting, big gobs of dark blood, looked like black raspberry jello or something! Anyways, but then once Mon. and Tue. came...it slowed right down, almost to a complete stop, and now today (Wed.) I'm spotting redish/brownish spots when I wipe after going pee. I don't know whether or not to think this is normal...as in-an irregular period, or what? I've read that even pregnant woman have their period...but does a pregnant woman bleed as much as I did for the 1st couple of days of their 'expected period'...is this just my period? Please help...I've been looking for help all over...but I keep getting different answers. This is the last time I seek for help...hopefully this final answer will put my mind at ease... Am I pregnant despite this period? THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I think what you experienced was a clot. I get those sometimes too, as what you described. Mine usually also stops suddenly..a day or two later it comes back but very light/spotting. You could have just had a very heavy flow and/or irregular period. Mine can last up to almost 7 days..but it's rare for me. It can be different for other women.

If you're really worried about it. Go ask your doctor.

Or have you tried webmd?

Hope this helps!

i am kind of young, and i had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago. I am scared i am pregnant. it is now July 29th O8. and im late on my period. but i kind of started to bleed alittle but not a whole lot. I dont know if its the start of my period or if im pregnant. I dont know what to do.

hey :) no you arent pregnant, you probably would have been spotting before your period started or about a week after you had sex. If its your first time having sex it can also affect your periods, or even having sex all together. I have quite a heavy period myself and i would get something like you described, and mines quite mucous-y aswell, but its just normal. it is absolutely impossible to get your period if you were pregnant, if people have been telling you yes, they are crazy. The whole point of women getting periods is so that the can get rid of an un fertilised egg! If you we're pregnant, you would not get your period. Some people get spotting which is really light blood and they mistake that for their period, you have nothing to worry about :)

Actually its not impossible to have periods while your pregnant. Some women have periods for mounths while that are pregnant before there body gets used to the pregnancy hormone