Hi ive had periods for 11 years and they are always the same they come on the day every month 28 days apart and they last 7 days i have cramps a day befor i bleed and then have cramps ont he last day but this period started as normal apart form i didnt have cramps it started the day it was meant to but just brownish discharge which i always get on the second day i got a small amount of blood then that was it all i have had since is the brownish discharge and nothing else i have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both negative im not under any stress and havnt been ill and none of them have affected my period before  so could i still be pregnant please help what is the reason for a one day period

This is something that every girl can go through in her life. It doesn't have to mean that your period is late just because you are going through stress - at all. There are so many reasons for this. As you are getting older, your body is changing along with your mind. Anyway, if you want to be sure, besides pregnancy test you should do the blood test as well.

But if you ask me, I really believe that there are no reasons for you to be scared, I believe that you are not pregnant. You just occupy your mind with it - and that can cause stress without you being aware of it. 

i am going thru the exact same thing. my period just came but it seems lighter and im hardly having cramps. i have some preg symptoms like tired, nauseous in the mornings, moody, eating more, gained a little weight. i had some brown discharge yesterday as well and today bleeding but like i said not heavily. negative preg tests but i dont know if maybe my hcg levels just aren't high enough 4 test to read it?? i have heard sometimes it takes as much as 8 weeks. what should i do? should i go to the doc or would they think im crazy??

Hey, I am pretty consistent with my periods, and yet this month I came on with this brownish discharge they 1 day of abnormal bleeding then it stopped. I saw a little spotting just when I went to the bath room that was it.

However, I can't explain the cramps - or contracting in my pelvic area- the nausea, light headiness. I know how the brain can play games on you. However, in no way am I depressed or wanting to make this up. I think I am pregnant. I have never cramped like this ever - nor have I gone to the bath room so much. I am concerned.

Any advise.

Well my period suppose to arrive like a couple days ago, I have been spotting brown yesterday and it just stop ... I have been feeling pretty tired this days what is weird going to bed at 10pm when I used to go around 1 or 2 ... I have had a lot of headaches this pass weekend.. I did a store pregnancy test yesterday and It was negative.... I know the store pregnancy tests are pretty reliable but It is just so weird that I haven't had my normal period, I am not under stress or something like that

I do not feel something else, well I have been going to pee pretty often.. !!!

If I'm pregnant this will be my first baby so I am really concern, scared, worried.... about it....

I had a D&C back in january, and then i didn't start my period until march. It was regular in march and april. Now, in May my period only came for one day and then two days of brownish discharge. my husband and I are trying to get pregnant again. Is there a possibility that i could be pregnant?!!?

SO the last two months, I have had a regular period. But this month my period is supposed to start today...but I had some bleeding three days ago..only lasted one day. then i had brown discharge thursday and friday. Could i be pregnant?

Mwarstler, it does sound a little strange. Brown discharge is one indicator of pregnancy. But that's not the only one. Do you have sore breasts or anything else that might indicate that you are pregnant or is that the only thing? I am assuming that you are sexually active but have not used any contraception at all? Have you taken any pregnancy tests? If you haven't yet, take a test, and then take another in two weeks. Keep us posted!

Well its all been so werid. Because after not bleeding for like three days when it starting bleeding..it started all over again. I have been bleeding since Sunday morning, and mild cramps. I am starting to get very upset. I took like two pregnancy tests all negative. BUt i am going to try in a few days.

Well it's best to try to stay calm in this situation. I'm sure that it's scary to not know where you stand right now but no matter what happens, there are options available to you and you will be fine either way. Keep us posted on how things go for you so we can help you as best we can. Thanks for keeping us updated.

So I called my doctors office again...and they keep avoiding the subject with me. nad the bleeding is still going on today...i thought it was over this morning...didn't happen that way. Still have cramps...but they are only on the left side of my abdomin. So, I'm still as confused as i was two days ago...

I have also had this problem.. I started my period on time but it only lasted for a day then for 3 days i spotted. I took a preg test the day after i stopped bleeding.. negative but i still could be because i was 3 weeks late before i could get a positive on a test with my first child. this would be my third if i am.. we hope so!... good luck to everyone...

Brown discharge is NOT a sign of pregnancy. I always get it even when I was a virgin. It's your system cleaning itself out in a way. When you get your period every month, brown discharge is just dried blood and may come out and you might not realize b/c of all the blood. So don't freak out about it be more concerned about the fact that your period is weird.

I am 27 yrs old and had regular periods and I had My period only for a day and half and took 4 pregnancy test all came back Negative can I be Pregnant?

I'm doing the same thing!