Hi all, me and my husband have been trying to conceive. I have strated bleeding 1 week before my period is due. It's not like a normal period, but been going for 2 days now, quite dark brownish in colour. I am due on Friday and have taken a pregnancy test but came back negative. I really want it to be positive as been trying for 1 year. Could I still be pregnant? Did I take the test too early? In sick of being disappointed.. Please help!! 

Could have very well have been implantation bleeding from what I have been researching...The exact same things is going on for me...but pls take 2 minutes to read my situation and see if you can connect...

My name is Olivia, I'm 21 years old and this is what is happening to me....The 26 of August 2012 (one week EXACT before my regular period was due) I had light pink/brownish spotting for 6 days, not even enough to fill a regular tampon all day and at night no spotting at all would show up on a thin panty liner. I'm usually extremely heavy for 4 to 5 days EVERY PERIOD. I have taken up to 4pregnancy tests all just before my period was suppose to be due (kind of like you while the bleeding was going on) and 2 pregnancy tests 7 days after my orginal period was late and.... NEGATIVE!

Now it's been 25 days since the spotting has ended still NO PERIOD!!!! Around the time I was suppose to have my "actual" period I went to the hospital with constant annoying headaches, cramping and lower back pains. So they took a blood test to rule out pregnancy and as such: the blood test came back negative, along with the discovery that my Thyroid Glands were off balance, which could have "maybe" been causing all these symptoms.

Started taking my Thyroid medication for about 3 weeks now, I’ve got no more stressful subjects going on in my life, Thyroid back on track and still no period???? Headaches are gone and so on...still got some light cramping but nothing to alert, the doc said that my usual period should have arrived by now though????....Also must keep in mind with my first child there was no symptoms or positives until two months pregnancy (I didn't even know I was pregnant until my bf told me I seemed to have gained weight lol). I had the usual cramping and maybe frequent urination but it was the bloating and headaches that gave the pregnancy away.

I'm going to have no choice but to continue the waiting game...I’m trying my hardest to tell myself I’m not pregnant, not to play tricks on my mind and body but it's hard because I want this baby so bad!

The only symptoms I have right now are: late period (Spotting for six days, one week before actual period...original period doesn't show up...and now the period I should have had by now isn’t here) increase clear vaginal discharge and cramping along with bloated belly all of a sudden and mega frequent urination :( If that brownish/ pinkish/ reddish discharge stuff was a messed up period that decided to show up for the first time in my life on a 24 day cycle when I’m usually a 30 to 35 day cycle, my next "period" should have arrived LIKE NOW!!! And still NO PERIOD!!!! The doc said yesterday that I should wait another 5 to 7 days and then test again if I still have doubts, and if the cramps continue and negatives keep appearing they will do an ultrasound to see if it’s not a cyst or hidden baby lol ...something like that. Good luck and let me know what happens....

* Also you tested way too early :) You have to wait until you miss your "actual" period and if it's negative wait up to another 7 days.... :)

Hi, thank you so much for ur reply. It's so hard this waiting game when it's something u wait for for so long. I have had headaches or the past few days especially leading up to this bleeding. Through the night I have no bleeding at all, but through the day is very minimal. My periods are normally very heavy. I feel so much for u, all this time and still no answers to what could be causing this. Keep me informed and I hope u get this sorted with the docs. Keep me informed. And my fingers are crossed for u x

Thanks for the positive feedback, we seem to be very much in the same boat,,,but like I said before you tested maybe too early give it at least another week to even two weeks more before you test agin...

can you imagine that it has already been 25 days since my bleeding has stopped -_- and still no answers :( I would take a pregnancy test like right now but i have spent so much money on these tests that if I keep going I put myself bankrupt lol.... But I do wish you luck as well, from the bottom of heart...I feel ya :)

If this period doesn't show it's face in exactly 6 days from now...Wednesday the 3rd of October another pregnancy test is secheduled....so come back to check on me then, that's when there will be maybe some new results....I hope :)

and if anything new with you occurs get to me as soon as possible, I rootn' for you, I set out a baby wish to you and me lol take care xxx

Ahhh thank you so much, Im wishing u the very best of luck, I hate this waiting game. Why does everything take so long? Lol, please let me know when u get some answers. My fingers are knotted for both of us xxx

I took a pregnancy test today, not the morning urine but I don't think that makes any difference and well it says NEGATIVE....i'm beginning to lose hope here, maybe i'm just not pregnant, but I don't understand why my period just won't come.........How about you? Whats's going on??? Any news?

Hi ya,
Go to the doctors, there has got to be a reason for ur periods not coming. I'm due on today and so far nothing, I am getting a test for tomorrow morning. I will message u tomorrow. Hope u get things sorted. Please go to the doctors. Xx

Hi ya, done a test this morning and it came back negative. I will wait now another week if my period does not come before then. Have u made an appointment for doctors? X

Awwww i'm sorry to hear that....exactly just wait one more week.

Unfortunately for me, my journey ends here :'( I got my period yesterday evening and well, I don't know what to think....Maybe I meant to be pregnant now, oh well I might wait a bit more before trying again, i've realized that my baby Rosaly is only one, and well, I'd like to enjoy her youth a little more before bringing another baby into the picture....but still let me know what happens with you....crossing my fingers xxx good luck!

Hi, unfortunately started my period today so not good news. Hate this waiting game all the time but obviously wasn't meant to be. Sorry to hear urs too. Yeah my little one is nearly 3 so I'm definately ready for one now. Just 1 year is along time to keep waiting. Keep me posted on any update xx

No problem! and yup one year wait will be long....but we'll see things might change, but I will keep you posted :) Thanks for listening and thanks for the support, take care and good luck xxx

Hey guys.. I've been showing signs of pregnancy, my breasts have been sore , peeing what seems to be a lot more , cramping, white discharge.. Yesterday I started having brown discharge! And I woke up this morning and I either started my period or its normal.. I had to put a tampon in , and it's like a rich red with maybe a little bit brown ? I'm confused , but you ladies seem nice!

Holllly cow! I somehow managed to find my way to this post & I felt such a connection with the two ladies talking above! ^^ other than the fact that I am only 17 & I am not trying to get pregnant, my situation is different & as I read I thought hey they seem to know their stuff, maybe ill write them.. but then I saw the date of the post... 2012. Then I saw the comment directly prior to mine ^ that was post this year... Just a week ago. Your experience fits mine to a T... I am not due for my period for another 5 days but two days ago I got this brownish discharge then got what I thought was my period the next day, although the blood was a very vibrant red Im not used to seeing, I had this little flow not bleeding at night either for only two days and now I've got a light brown sort of color I think but I had sex about a week ago unprotected & we have been so worried. Then I got that definite blood which needed a tampon for a few days so I said were good, no worries, we can stop stressing. But it only lasted two days when my normal period is 4-5 & I am just waiting now...

I just wanted to know if you ended up being pregnant or if anyone can help me out in any way possible if you see this.. thankyou all! God bless :)

Hi ladies i just want to share and also ask if anyone experienced this before..                                                                                              So i always had an irregular menstruation 28-34 days...so last month i had my mens feb 21 and 6 days ago i woke up with a blood so i was like oohhh i have my period...and im TTC i had this light bleeding tampons doesnt even get full like not at all..and im not even wearing pads or tampins anymore its a redish brown no smell, its almost like its the last day of my period for 6 days... My nipple is a little sore almost like theres a niddle poking my breast.. so my husbands car broke down and we werent able to buy a PT so i grabbed OPK since i got tons of it..and it came back positive s ladies pls help me am i pregnant?

The implantation bleeding is like a mini period, shorter and lighter, and it can be light pink or brown. But if you have this bleeding, it can take a week from then for a BFP or a test.