Me and my Husband are TTC. My cycles are 28 days long and I have my period for 4 days. I had unprotected sex on June 30, July 1,2,and 3 and 4.So my period was due on July 14. During that time of waiting, I was EXHAUSTED. I don't know why but I was just beat down. My cycles are clock work and I have never had a late cycle, or one lasting more/less than 4 days. When July 14th came around, I didn't have my period. Not only that, but my breasts were very, very sore, which is also very uncommon. On July 15th, I had very, very faint spotting. When my period starts, its real heavy for the 3 days, and then the 4th its light. Between July 15th and 16th, It was light but it turned from light pink to a red. I had cramps, which is also VERY uncommon. I think I've had cramps twice in my life? On the second day, the "bleeding" completely vanished for a couple hours, but then came back as pinkish/brown. Then on the third day, it was light brown and eventually disappeared. Throughout the entire thing, I've only gone through 2 pads and those weren't even used up(TMI? sorry lol). So now I'm wondering what it could possibly be? Would there be a possibility that it's implantation bleeding?

Hi Marie: It wouldn't be implantation bleeding BUT it could be a little period because you are at the beginning of your pregnancy! I think you might actually be pregnant!!!! I don't want to get your hopes up too much - I know too late!!! - but sometimes it happens where the brain didn't get the memo that you are pregnant, so releases the hormones for you to have your period. When you had sex that would have been at the optimum time - ovulation - even though you can get pregnant at ANY time, the ovulation time has greater success!

Wait till this bleeding is over for sure, then take a HPT test! This should be sufficient time for your HCG levels to be high enough to detect IF you are pregnant. Now the downer part, WHEN we are trying to get pregnant, we read things into little strange things that are happening, so I just want you to be prepared JUST incase you aren't OK? So let's wait for say 3 days and then take the HPT and please let me know OK? Good luck honey, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Thank you for replying!..I didnt think anyone was going to lol. I'm trying not to psych myself out, so im gunna just wait a little bit. I'm takin a test Saturday morning, so I'll let you know how it goes=)

Definitely! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :-)

My guess is that your real question isn't whether the bleeding you experienced was an implantation bleeding, but whether you can be pregnant. Implantation bleeding will show up between 7 and 12 days after you conceived without much variation so it is quite unlikely to be that, but early pregnancy spotting, which can be heavier than an implantation bleeding, is also quite a common phenomenon. 

Since you already missed a period, if that wasn't your period, you should be able to get an accurate result on a home pregnancy test. I would encourage you to go take one, and then you will get the answer to your real question!

hey marie, im having the same problem now, except i was two days late and now bleeding. it's not heavy but Im not sure if it's my mentrual cycle or implantation bleeding...oh yeah im cramping which i normally don't do

The cramping isn't a good sign but that still doesn't necessarily mean anything. I don't know quite if it's pregnancy or not...do you have other symptoms or not or is that the only symptom tha tyou've got?

Hi Guest! It sounds like you are having an actual period! Sometimes we are just late! Implantation bleeding will only happen upto 7 days after conceiving! Cramping is usual for delayed periods! So don't worry too much about that! NOW that been said, IF this period is REALLY light and goes away quickly, then I would take a test just to make sure!

IF you can give me a little more information I can help you further OK?

1. When was your last period
2. Are you usually regular?
3. What dates did you have unprotected sex?
4. Do you have any pregnancy symptoms - such as Enlargement of the breasts, darkening of the aerolas, runny nose, back/groin/hip pain, nausea to food smells - ESPECIALLY fried food?

I will help you further with this OK?

bambi27!
I'm having the same problem!
AF is a day late and now it's pinkish when i wipe..breasts have been sore and swollen for 4 days now! Usually I go crazy over nutella..weird thing is it really doesn't really not looking that good anymore..am i just looking too much into it? 8-|

Hi Marie, were you ever pregnant? i know its many years later

Preg-tardation. You've got it.

Hello guys! It's been a very, very long time. I was NOT pregnant when I first posted-but back in July 2011, I did find out I was pregnant, which ended in a miscarriage when I was around 13 weeks. My cycles were always off, even when I first asked this question. It's common for me to have completely whacky periods, so women, if you THINK you are pregnant, just get a blood test done for sure.

Marie, Thanks for writting back......it helps to confirm what happened.

Hey ladies I was wondering could you help me my period is 8 days late but when I went to the bathroom this morning and I saw very light pinkish discharge is this implamation I'm bout to go freaking crazy

Im not sure but im really confused i had sex on the 9th and 10th of march my period was late by 4 days it was due the 19th i had a slight pink discharge no premenstrual symptoms then spotting on the 25th thats when i started to yawn 24/7 i had already been eating more but i get a car sick feeling also my feet hurt and im constipated im worried i may have had a misscarriage and just that my body doesnt know because ive heard that you cant have implantation after your period is due or can it happen 4 days after my period was due or does it have to happen before tht i got neg urine test but still feeling preggoo