I have the same symptoms -- pain behind sternum when swallowing -- following asprin feeling "stuck" in my throat. It hurts when I eat or take a deep breath. Please help!!!!!

i'm having the same problems, only I've got a pain in the right side of my back just below my shoulder blade.

How did you deal with this?

i get chest pains in the right side when breathing in and swallowing and goes down the right side of my neck does feel like theres something stuck in my throat

I hope someone can get us some answers... I'm really in a lot of discomfort. I'm out of the country and can't see my doctor. I tried an antacid, thinking it was esophagus-related, but that didn't seem to do it. It really feels like a pill (I usually take a small vitamin D supplement in the winter) is stuck right behind my sternum, and every time I swallow or breathe sharply it throbs/stabs.

I have the same exact thing!! I took a fish oil capsule and a pill for my acne medication before going to bed a few days ago and they got "stuck" in my throat without me realizing it until i woke up at 3 am with the disomfort. Now whenever i eat/drink and even breathing shorty after this causes discomfort even pain right under my sternum.

It could be irritation caused by acid reflux. I had the same swallowing problem and it went away after the doc put me on Prilosec.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
I have a hiatal hernia and the symptoms are same or similar to what you all have experienced. Here is a very good article to explore. Good Luck.

did you ever find out what happened.? this what happened to me. with acne medication. doxycycline.