i had my gallbladder removed two days ago and i im having a hard time managing the pain with the meds the gave me (vicodin) i take 2 every 4 hrs. i knew there would be pain but i never thought it would be this bad! im also having a really hard time breathing i can barley talk and when i do im gasping for air and when i stand up i cant stand up straight and i have a really hard time breathing then. i cant walk and talk at the same time. i'm a healthy 25 year old who doesnt smoke. what do u think is going on and should i go to the er? they didnt seem worried about it at the hospital but i feel like im getting worse 36hrs later. i hate that i cant breath! thanks for any advice!

Hi--I had may gallbladder removed yesterday and I am having the same breathing and pain issues. Can you tell me some good news?

I too recently had my gallbladder out and I must say I had less pain when the gallbladder was in. Although I had a major attack which led to this operation in the first place, I would rather deal with the pain I had before.
I put a call into my Doctor, but got no call back! I called because I am in such agony and the vicodin they gave me makes me vommit. The nurse or whom ever she is said to take advil! Yeah right that does nothing. I have a horrible stabbing feeling where the gallbladder once was when I take a deep breath, lift anything, hiccup, cough etc. Is this normal? If so why???

I had my gallbladder removed exactly a week ago. When I first returned home it was hard to stand, walk, or even talk due to the pain. Now I'm having a different kind of sharp pain in my upper right rib cage. I'm also having difficulty breathing. If I take a deep breath that sharp pain gets worse. Can anybody tell me if this is normal or if this is something I should b concerned about.

i had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago and have the same problem it's really hot stabbing pains in the middle of my stomach between my ribs and i can't breath walk or talk i have to have a fan in front of me just to breath, yes this is something very very terrible to live with i also can not sllep at night, i just had neck surgery and i cant even take pain pills because it affects that. this is what u do. i went to my doctor and she told me to go to a g.i. doctor brcause if u go to the hospital they will do an xray or an mri and they will not see what the problem is so make an appointment with the g.i. and they will have to put a scope in you ( in your mouth ) that goes to your stomach and that is how they will find the problem, thats the only way they will be able to find the problem.... please go to a G.I. doctor i know how u guys feel and it makes u want to die please go see him or her it will help, i promise... have a great day

i am having the same breathing issues, i am 4 days out of having my gall bladder removed. what was the out come of your alls issues?

I had gall bladder surgery (in and out) on Monday (4-12) and was back in the ER On Sunday (4-18) not being able to breathe. The problem was I had bile draining into my abdominal cavity which was compromising my diaphram and when I tried to take a breath to my full capacity it caused a stabbing pain. The doctor inserted two tubes into my side (by my liver). It is now 10days later and I still have the tubes. One is still draining about 10-12 oz a day, and the other one has stopped draining. (I did get discharged from the hospial after 8 days)

I had my gallbladder out 2 days ago and the pain is still unbearable! Although I am a smoker and have been smoking regularly since my operation. I can't breathe, can't stand up straight, can't really even move!! Sucks!

I had my gallbladder out  days ago.  had difficulty breathing but this is attributed to the gas they use to inflate your abdomen to see what is happening in there.  You will have pain in your rt shoulder and also in your mid stomach area and rib cage/lungs when you lie down.  It goes away.  today is day 3 and I am much better.  walking around better,  cannot stand straight still bc I dont want to rip my incisions! but the pain in my shoulder is better and I can take a little deeper breaths.  it will get better.

I just had my gallbladder out 10 days ago. I find that Norco is the besy for pain. Vicodin does not touch the pain. I am doing better now only taking a Norco about 1/2 pill every 12 hours. I have developed a involuntairy deep breath which sometimes just comes out of the blue. I would like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. The doctor has told me I am potassium deficient. He gave me some big horse pills to take for three days. I think they have helped a little howeveer; I am still doing that involuntairy deep breath thing. I hope this is not a perminate condition. I do have a little pain in my right upper rib cage. I hope it will do away. Does anyone else have this problem.

i had my gall bladder removed abou a weekago now.. i was doing fine no pain i was doing great... but 2 nights ago i started having pain in my right side right under the ribcage.. it feel like when i take a deep breath like it push  on something but it hurts like hell ..... when i take a deep breath or move wrong i dunno if i shuld go get it checked out or leave it alone.. i see alot ofpeople having pain but non quite like mine... and the pain killers dont help for c**p with this pain.. i wish it would

Geeezz, can anyone please write back into this and say something, anything about whether or not you got better???? How long it took and what was done by doctors to correct it. One person said they had tubes put in to drain but nothing about the outcome.

Please everyone here on this site.  CHECK INTO SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION.  Dont allow anyone to tell you this is all in your head or it is psychosomatic.  I would imagine that all the tests that you all are going to go thru will come up normal but you will still be having pain.  That is sphincter of Oddi.  It is where the bile from your live and the juices from your pancreas cannot get thru the sphincter and it starts to spasm and it hurts a whole whole lot.  There is a host of other symptoms.  I finally got diagnosed a year later and NOT by a GI doctor.  I had to be on TPN nutrition feeding via PICC line for two months before I would even be strong enough to handle the surgery because I was so terribly malnutrioned because eating is a huge trigger as is exercise.  It is nightmare but was less of a nightmare than going from doctor to doctor and test to test.  Just ask the question but it is rare but it is possible.

You could still be having gas pain from the gas they use to blow up your stomach. Also you have to be careful of gassy foods for awhile. I had my gallbladder out 3 weeks ago and I do notice I am more gassy than normal and need to get it out or  it begins to hurt and harder to breathe.

I had my gall bladder removed 18 days ago by laproscopic surgery but I am still having pains around my left rib cage and in my stomach. I have also developed an involuntary deep breath which , as you've said, seems to come out of the blue??!! However a few months before my surgery I was told that my potassium level was TOO HIGH (??) but I was not given any pills. I also have spasms in my neck and shoulder but I was told that all these problems come with 'the healing process' so I too am praying they wil go away eventually, but meanwhile I'm still living in pain and discomfort. Did you get any help with your breathing?