Does anybody here have any information regarding chronic urtecaria??? Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thanks

I've had it for 2 years. Air born allergens are the main cause for my problem. So, I strongly suggest you find a very good allergist – he will give you all information you’ll ever need. On the other hand, most doctors have no such knowledge and therefore do not know how to treat this terrible affliction. Good luck.

I had a very sever case of urticaria. It was so severe that I was almost forced to quit my job!! At that time someone told me that I should see a boarded environmental allergist, what I did. I went to one doctor in Denver who gave me few different kinds of blood tests, very complete laboratory tests and a four hour interview. Not long after, he managed to identify every substance I am allergic to. I’ve been just great ever since - simply by avoiding these substances. Therefore, I share the thought from the previous post – you should speak with a very good allergist.

I am a 43 yr old female who has suffered with chronic hives for almost 2 years. I have seen 5 different doctors, did the allergy testing and just about any thing else that was out there that I thought might help. My hives started on my feet and hands and over the last 18 months has taken over every other part of my body.
3 weeks ago I went to a dermatologist who took one look at me and said he thought he could help. I answered an in depth questionare and in a matter of minutes the Dr. said he was 99% certain I had a severe Magnesium defeciency!! I wanted to cry because I thought that once again the situation was hopeless! (remember I had done the whole allergy thing with NO RESULTS)
I left the Dr. office very skeptical and depressed, but with the thought that i have tried everything else, what could it hurt? I started taking the magnesium and within 48 hours I saw results!! Within 3 weeks I am 90% hive free!! I am sure that this is not the answer for everyone, but if ONE other person gets relief as I have it will have been worth my taking the time to write this. I KNOW the hopelessness that you feel when NOTHING helps the situation and you have no control over it.
Good Luck.

i have had 2 different drs. diagnose me with urtecaria, but neither know much about it. My symptoms are severe acid reflux (very painful and chokes me, does this over and over again), i also have places swell on me ( usually on the bottoms of feet, and my right eye), i do get some hives and itching, and now the last 2 outbreaks i have had including the symptoms previously mentioned and a high fever, body aches and my muscles are very achey and weird feeling (like when your arm falls asleep and it tingles and hurts). Last dr. said i should not have a fever with urtecaria so i thought it was a coincidence, but my latest outbreak was the same way. It seems as though each outbreak is getting more severe and i get a different symptom. I guess what i am wondering is if this is indeed urtecaria or is it something else. I have in the past had chronic sinistus, so could these 2 be related or is it something else all together. I have been dealing with this for 6 months (off and on) now and i want to know what i can do.