I am 23 years old woman. Few days ago, I noticed some skin changes on my skin around chest, neck and throat. My sister told me that it looks like hives. I would appreciate some information about it. Thanx

Before telling you anything, I want you to realize that you need to go to your doctor. That is the only way for you to be diagnosed. I cannot do it like this; however, I can give you some information about hives. Hives or "urticaria" is a commonly found intense itching skin disorder, characterized mainly by the rapid development of raised smooth patches or wheals on the skin. It is often a sign of an allergic reaction and caused by an allergy to certain foods, particularly shellfish, tomatoes, strawberries, eggs, milk, and chocolate. Hives can also be a reaction to drugs, food dyes, molds, bacteria, and animal skin or hair, etc. At first, the skin feels itchy, later wheals appear. The wheals vary in shapes and sizes, sometimes merged into each other in bright red, or pink or milky white. The skin lesions often appear and disappear alternately and rapidly without leaving trace and the hives may appear on small areas or all over the body. I hope that you will go to your doctor.