I am in my third month of pregnancy. Beside nausea, that has been bothering me for days (vomiting also), the second problem I have is insomnia. That makes me weak and I feel very sick because of that. I would like to know if I can take benzodiazepines while being pregnant? Will that hurt my baby in any way?

There is no doctor that would not recommend to avoid medications while in pregnancy, especially in those first three months, because of the development and the growth of fetus. Many women do not take this seriously, but even if you want to take meds while in pregnancy, please do not take anything on your own, speak with your doctor first.

i must say that avoiding so strong medications is wise. I realize that you are tired but sometimes it is better to try some alternative methods instead of reaching meds as a single solution.

For example what we were doing as kids, drinking glass of warm milk before bedtime, was like magic and I was sleepy almost the same second when I finish the glass. Also milk is rich in calcium which is good for you and your baby. Also some herbal teas which you can buy in herbal pharmacy are going to help you but also you must stress out that you are pregnant and also read the label carefully.

Whatever you do if you go for medications consult your doctor.