I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with valerian root as they were trying to come off xanax. I know xanax can cause dependancy and wanted to try to get off it using the natural route. Any suggestions?

I have used Valerian root before, but it was mainly to help my insomnia. It can help relax your central nervous system and relax you so i can see how it can help with anxiety. i have used "relax & sleep" which contains Valerian root and chamomile sometimes when i don't want take Xanax and it has helped calm my anxiety so i think Valerian root will work for you. I don't want to get addicted to Xanax either thus my always alternating it with natural remedies.

i take xanax and valium, my doctor said that i could safely take valarian root as a sub for valium as valium comes from the valarian root.

Valarain helps with anxiety and insomnia as that is what I take the valium for.

Good luck to you, hope this helps

I don't know I was wondering the same thing I am wanted to get off of Xanax been on it for a few years now and wanting to start a family but not on Xanax lol I guess I just have to ask my doctor of a natural way or something else cus I want to breast feed

can i take valarain root instead of alprazolam, been on it for years